Chapter 117

It was snowing. As though it had been snowing for a very long time, it was to the extent that the entire mountain forest was entirely blanketed with pure white snow, with its density increasing as one got closer to the mountain col.

A villa was built on the mountain col. It occupied quite a significant amount of land-equivalent to a small-scale resort. It was a solitary building that stood tall and upright against the snowy white background. If it were not for the rising ghost energies in its vicinity, it would look exactly like a castle from a fairytale story.

Bang! With a huge resounding impact, the soul form of Ghost Gentleman was sent plummeting to the ground by a powerful ghost energy force. His facial complexion was extremely pale and his soul form was near transparency-as if his soul was about to disintegrate at any moment.

"A bunch of worthless imbeciles. 5 lieutenant-generals actually couldn't fend off a malicious ghost of 600 years." A little girl that looked to be 6 to 7 years old in traditional clothing flung Ghost Gentleman away with one hand with her eyes glowing a radiant gold.

"This subordinate is incompetent." Out of the 5 lieutenant-generals, who had ambushed the villa, only 2 were still able to move at this point. Furthermore, the conditions of these 2 were hardly better in comparison to Ghost Gentleman.

"Milady, the soul forms of the other 3 lieutenant-generals are currently unstable. It's best that we allow them to return to the ghost seal to recover." The imperial guard, who had always been by the little girl's side, prompted.

"They're incompetent in their work and yet you still want to waste my powers to nourish them? Are they worthy of my powers?" The little girl coldly gazed at the 3 bundles of soul-so frail that they could no longer maintain their human forms-in the centre of the courtyard. They were all injured by Ghost Gentleman.

The remaining 2 lieutenant-generals-currently kneeling down to beg for the little girl's forgiveness-had expressions of dread on their faces. However, they did not have the courage to explain what had happened.

"Milady, the general would be angered." The imperial guard looked at his dying comrades and could not help but voice out.

"Are you using my father to threaten me?" The little girl sent the imperial guard an enraged stare.

"This subordinate does not dare." The guard immediately kneeled down, but there was no hint of fear reflected within his eyes.

Of course the little girl could see through him as well. She knew that this guard purposely raised his concern earlier, confident that she would not exterminate those lieutenant-generals in deference to her father. For the subordinate to claim that he did not dare to, was just verbal platitudes. A rush of violent rage erupted within as she thought about how the guard had dared to threaten her. A golden light flashed within her eyes and she harshly kicked the guard's chest. The guard grunted in pain as tremors rippled through the entirety of his soul, to the extent where his soul almost split into pieces.

After he managed to recover from the blow, he immediately got up from the ground and continued to kneel before the little girl respectfully.

It seemed like the little girl had vented much of her displeasure after that harsh kick as her mood lightened. She then lifted her hand to summon an object. It was black in colour with a tinge of redness, about the size of her palm that looked just like a military tally. Afterwards, she waved her hands in the direction of the 3 bundles of disintegrating souls and absorbed them into the object.

After the souls were absorbed, the little girl shifted her gaze to the corner of the wall where Taeyeon-who had stood up by now-was.

Ghost Gentleman was in an embarrassing state, though his green robe was still clean and tidy. Though the falling snowflakes were unable to come into physical contact with his body and instead passed through his body to land on the ground crystal by crystal, they still sent chills deep into his soul.