Chapter 19

In the conference room of the criminal investigation division, Mina was using a red marker and used great strength to circle 4 areas on a map of Hai City.

"From now onwards, with the cooperation of the local police stations in each city district, everyone will head out to investigate every hotel, guesthouse, or any place that provides lodging in these 4 areas as fast as you can. The target is a young male around the age of 25 to 30, approximately 178cm tall, with impeccable manners, eloquent in his speech, owns an apartment in Hai City and had stayed in these 4 districts in the past few months."

"Understood!"

"I'm coming to find you now, liver-digging devil." Mina carried his gun and walked out of the room in big steps.

In the next 3 hours, the entire police force in Hai City was deployed.

***

I'm still in this city, can any of you find me?

After entering the last punctuation, Lisa collapsed on his chair. He only regained some energy after letting out a deep breath. He then took a look at the time and realized it was already 2pm.

He had been typing out his novel for 5 hours straight. He finally felt his wrists aching and his sore fingers trembling. They were sapped of energy even though he felt no discomfort earlier when he was fully focused on writing his novel.

For Lisa, every time he wrote a novel, it was as if he relived the entire nightmare again. Therefore, to shorten his suffering, he would force himself to completely write out the story to its end each time he started, so that he would not have to relive the nightmare for the third time.

Others envied his speed and writing inspiration but they did not know the helplessness and depressing emotions that came with them.

He rested for a period of time to let his fingers regain some strength before picking up his mobile phone and glanced habitually through the chapters' comments.

[What? He dared to say "I'm still in this city, can any of you find me?" Ahhhh... He's so conceited.]

[Conceited +1. Where's the police? Hurry up and catch him. I will go report him. He's at XX Unit of XX Building in XX District.] That address was made up by Lisa in his novel.

[Ahhh! I'm so angry! That pervert must die!]

[That pervert must die!]

The rage of the audience could not be suppressed.

There were countless similar comments below. Even after flipping through 2 pages, he did not see any other different types of comments. He did not bother to continue reading and put down his phone. He also took off his spectacles and went to the sofa located in the corner of his office to take a rest.

The whole writing process was very mentally taxing on him. He needed to rest for a few hours every time he completed a story. Though he was unable to fall asleep easily despite being on the brink of exhaustion, at least he would be able to recover from his fatigue and calm his emotions. By the time he woke up, his fingers would have recovered at least half of their strength.

He held onto the back of the sofa to support himself as he laid down when he suddenly fixated his sight on the back of his hand.

He recalled the image of a girl holding his hand between hers while giving it a kiss. He recalled the soft and warm sensation on his hand.

"In the name of the Witch Clan, Bless."

That was the first time he actually received a blessing. It was a feeling that was comparable to waking up refreshed after a dreamless and peaceful night.