Chapter 122

Wisps of black smoke emanated from Winter's body. In addition, its facial features had also changed. Its original facial features-closely resembling that of a human's-suddenly became blurred and transformed into a black whirlpool. It was an extremely eerie sight.

"DEVOUR! DEVOUR! DEVOUR...!" Winter continuously repeated the same word over and over. Its pupil-less eyes were stubbornly fixed upon the little girl, who was standing a short distance away from it.

"Devour me? Aren't you afraid of overeating?" The little girl sneered.

As a witch's metaphysical tool, the witch doll possessed the ability to devour souls and absorb spiritual energies. However, the strength of this ability was dependent on the power of the doll's owner. The greater the owner's power, the stronger the devouring ability of the witch doll, which in turn affected the speed of the absorption.

The little girl had met Irene before. Irene was indeed a fairly powerful witch. However, it was still impossible for Irene's doll to devour a ghost general like her.

"DEVOUR! DEVOUR...!" Winter could not comprehend the little girl's mocking. It had been blinded by the rage coursing through it right now. It was an intense emotion that it had never experienced before. This emotion within was urging it to gobble up the annoying soul in front of it at all cost.

Winter leapt up with its short legs and lunged in the direction of the little girl. A cold glint flashed within the little girl's eyes. She flung her sleeves outwards and threw out 5 to 6 daggers made out of ghost energy. However, Winter was able to manoeuvre its body with great agility and deftly weaved its way through the air. In one moment, it nimbly landed on the ground, and in the next, it lightly treaded on the walls. With a few swift moves, it managed to dodge every incoming dagger-not even a single one managed to come into contact with its clothing.

"Oh wow. That looks like a form of ancient martial arts." Ghost Official #1 was utterly dumbfounded at Winter's movements.

"Is that really a metaphysical tool?" Ghost Official #2's facial expression was full of disbelief.

"Of course. Winter is the metaphysical tool of a witch." Sana saw that the tides were beginning to turn around, and her face lit up with glee.

The ghost officials pair looked at each other. Both could see the shock in each other's eyes. A witch's metaphysical tool was actually so strong?

As ghost officials, they would more or less come into contact with the metaphysical sects of the mortal realm when they were performing their daily jobs of luring in wandering ghosts. Therefore, they had some understanding of the different metaphysical sects present in the mortal realm. They had read about the Witch Clan in their training manuals before they received their official posting. However, as the Witch Clan lineage was nearly wiped out, it was only briefly mentioned during the official exam. Therefore, even though the ghost officials were aware of the existence of the Witch Clan, they were unclear of their exact abilities. Otherwise, they would have recognized that the witch doll was a witch's metaphysical tool at first sight.

However, ultimately a metaphysical tool was just a tool. In usual circumstances, a metaphysical tool would only be able to display its strong prowess only when being wielded by its master. However, what was up with this metaphysical tool right in front of them? Even though its master was clearly not present, it was able to fight independently on its own and even possessed such a mighty fighting prowess.

If the Witch Clan was so incredibly strong, why would their clan be on the verge of extinction? Shouldn't they be able to rule over all the other metaphysical sects?

Winter's maturity process was dependent on devouring malicious ghosts. Each malicious ghost which it devoured would allow it to gain some soul energy and memories from the ghost. Within these memories were some skills that it would be able to learn. For example, there were skills like Sana's 'art of hospitality' and Ghost Gentleman's 'literature appreciation'. As for the ancient martial art form displayed by Winter earlier on, the doll had attained it from a certain revolting malicious ghost's memories.