Chapter 134

Mina drove his car directly to Lisa's residential district, then took out his phone to give the novelist a call.

"I'm below your apartment." Mina said.

"Wait there." Lisa answered him coldly with just 2 words before hanging up the call.

2 minutes later, Lisa walked out of the apartment building. Schadenfreude in his eyes as he looked at the symmetrical claw scars on both the right and left of Mina's face. He then reached out his hands for the cat.

"Lisa, does your family's cat understand human speech?" Mina threw out a sudden question.

Lisa's outstretched arm froze momentarily. He then looked at Big Tiger, causing it to lower its head in guilt.

This noble cat did not commit any taboo just for 50kg of dried fish treats.

"Did something happen?" Lisa asked.

"I brought some of my men to the abandoned wasteland at the southern outskirts today to search for a dead body, which had been buried in that area 3 years ago. Even the murderer could not locate the spot where he personally buried the body. I brought over 20 men and 5 police dogs to search for an entire afternoon yet we did not unearth any clues. In the end, your family's cat just casually went off and located the spot of the buried body." Mina was still in disbelief as he recalled what had happened earlier on.

Lisa looked at Big Tiger again.

Big Tiger's tail shook and was determined to not look up.

Lisa pondered for a while as he looked at Mina, who had an expression as if his entire worldview had shattered into pieces. The novelist then decided to withhold the truth from the inspector. If he were to admit that Big Tiger was special, he reckoned that he would never have peace with Mina's dogged attitude of pursuing the matter till the end.

"It's just a coincidence." Lisa reached out his hands, wanting to grab Big Tiger from Mina's arms.

"That's right, it must have been a coincidence. I've researched on Baidu on my way here and found out cats' sense of smell are much more sensitive than dogs' in general. Your family's cat must have been slightly more intelligent and with a more sensitive sense of smell, that's all. This is a world ruled by science. It's impossible for things like the supernatural to exist." Mina had a habit of pacing about when he deliberated over an issue. Therefore, his well-timed steps perfectly evaded Lisa's outstretched hands.

Lisa was speechless.

The inspector then silently recited to himself thrice that science and technology are the main forces of productivity in order to reaffirm his own values and beliefs. Subsequently, he recalled the reason he came over to look for Lisa and asked, "I have something to ask you. It's about Lishan Villa."

Lisa's expression stiffened the moment he heard that the inspector wanted to ask about the happenings in Lishan Villa.

"The reason why I managed to dig out the location of Lishan Villa was because of you. I specially went to investigate the accident that you and your little fiancée were involved in that New Year Eve's night. That matter was indeed an accident. However, your attitude was exceptionally odd that I felt that there might have been some hidden circumstances behind it. Therefore, I returned to re-investigate the entire amusement park accident. It was then that I discovered that there was something wrong with your carriage's fallen door that was torn off. The door did not fall off due to an extended period of natural wear and tear and lack of maintenance, nor was it due to inappropriate welding. It was detached by an extremely strong force."

A glint flashed past Lisa's eyes .

"However, at that time, the only ones in the carriage were you and Irene. It was impossible for a welded metal door to be torn off even with both of your combined strengths."