Chapter 82

Irene could no longer sit still and wait when she realized that she was not able to attain any useful clues from Winter. Thus, she ran back to the municipal criminal investigation division. Even though the division was just across the road from the studio, Irene was unable to wait a second longer regardless of how short the distance between the 2 places was.

This time round, the entire studio employee group did not follow after her. Only Jisoo stayed at the police station to accompany Irene. The rest of the employees remained in the studio to wait for news. About half an hour later, Mina stepped into the police station. He was immediately spotted by the hawk-eyed Jisoo the moment he passed through the door.

"Lead Inspector Mina, do you have any news about boss?" Jisoo questioned anxiously.

Mina did not answer Jisoo. Instead, he looked at Irene, who was standing right beside Jisoo with her face filled with worry. He then said, "Both of you, follow me."

The 2 of them quickly followed after Mina.

Mina only finally started explaining after they entered his office. "The 2 vehicles that had been used to kidnap Lisa had been found abandoned in a forest by the river. There was no one around the vicinity. There was no surveillance camera over there either. I believe they must have scouted the area beforehand and purposely changed to another vehicle over there."

"In... in that case, how about the only road leading out of the river area? Is there no surveillance camera installed there too?" Jisoo asked fretfully.

"The nearest surveillance camera from that area is installed at a cross junction. The traffic passing that area is substantial. Hundreds of vehicles could pass by that area in just a few minutes. Besides, we have no idea when the kidnappers stop by the riverside. Therefore, it is impossible for us to investigate further." Mina answered with a dark expression on his face.

From receiving the police report, to going out to check on the situation, to heading to the traffic police department to check on the surveillance footage and lastly discovering the vehicles of the kidnappers, the total time taken was a full 30 minutes. 30 minutes was actually considered pretty short. However, at that particular cross junction, thousands of vehicles could have passed by in just 30 minutes.

If the police could ascertain the exact time the kidnappers left the riverside, the areas to investigate could be shrunk down. However, the kidnappers could have left immediately upon reaching the riverside, or they could stay there for 10 or 15 minutes before leaving. Since the police could not confirm the time, they could only attempt to inspect everything.

It was clearly apparent that their opponent was a very experienced criminal group.

"Does-...does that mean that there is no hope?" After finishing, Jisoo looked towards Irene subconsciously.

Irene's entire body was extremely tense as she bit her lower lip hard.

"If we solely depend on the police to investigate, it might take a very long time before we can find anything. But I worry that Lisa may not have that much time left." Mina voiced out.

"Wha-...."

"What do you mean there is not much time left?" Irene interrupted Jisoo.

Mina took in a deep breath before answering, a hint of regret flashed past his eyes. "I suspect that Lisa was kidnapped by a group of organ traffickers."

"Organ traffickers? Is-...is it because of Headmaster Hong's case?" Jisoo guessed.

"I'm not sure if it is related to that particular case. But if my suspicion is accurate, I believe that Lisa's life might be in danger at any point of time." Mina replied.