Chapter 89

After work, Jisoo brought a bag of apples weighing 1kg to his master, Elder Xu's, house.

Upon his arrival, he encountered Xu Wei, who was just about to leave and seemingly heading out for work. Xu Wei spotted Jisoo approaching and thus threw him a casual question, "Why did you come here out of a sudden?"

"Can't I come visit Master?" Jisoo was annoyed and rolled his eyes before entering the house.

Xu Wei clicked his tongue, wondering if this rascal today had eaten explosives for a meal. After pondering for a while. He followed Jisoo and went back into the house.

"Weren't you leaving?" Jisoo noticed Xu Wei following him and huffed out rudely.

Xu Wei's expression darkened as his rage grew, "You brat, did you take the wrong medicine today?"

"So what if I've taken the wrong medicine?" It seemed that Jisoo had tons of unspent frustration building up within him. He harshly threw the bag of apples in his hand onto the shoe cabinet and shouted at Xu Wei, "You guys only know how to order me around! I'm no longer a spy for the association. The association isn't even giving me any salary. Why do I still have to convey all sorts of messages from the association? Previously, when lady boss opened up the gate to the Underworld, none of you guys bothered coming over even after significant time had passed. You guys only knew to call me and ordered me to stop her. Don't you guys know the level of my metaphysical skills? How could I stop her?"

Xu Wei was stupefied by the barrage of questions rattled out by Jisoo. "Are-...are you alright?"

"What do you think!" Jisoo's rage grew to the point where he no longer bothered and just wanted to vent. "And you! Since young, you have been looking down on me. I know my spiritual energy is very little. But I did not use any of your resources. Why are you always condemning me? I've already moved out and no longer work at the association. Now you even question me on my purpose to visit Master? Do you have some kind of a grudge against me?"

"No-...no, that's not what I meant." Xu Wei became somewhat guilty after hearing Jisoo's questions.

"Then what are you asking for!" Jisoo yelled out. He then picked up the bags of apples he had thrown down earlier on and walked towards the direction of the courtyard, panting with rage. After venting, he simply felt refreshed.

Xu Wei remained rooted to the ground for quite some time. He then scratched his nose in an embarrassed manner and followed Jisoo. This rascal today did not seem normal. He must find out what had happened.

Jisoo felt his mood lighten after venting his frustrations on Xu Wei at the entrance. He walked through the courtyard and stepped into the living room. Immediately, he spotted Grandmaster Xu sitting in front of a table and brewing tea.

"Master." Jisoo greeted respectfully.

"You're here. Come over and sit down." Grandmaster Xu gave a tiny nod to Jisoo.

Jisoo hurriedly walked over and sat down on the chair across from Grandmaster Xu. Grandmaster Xu did not stop his action of brewing tea throughout the conversation. The elder washed a cup and poured a cup of the second brew to his disciple, "Have some tea."

"Thank you Master." Jisoo accepted the cup of tea with respect.

"Cool yourself down."

Just when Jisoo accepted the tea cup, he heard his master's words, causing his arm to shake and almost drop the cup.

"Be careful. This tea cup is worth a year of your salary." Grandmaster Xu reminded him in a 'kind' way.

After such verbal nudges from his own master, Jisoo instantly felt guilt-stricken. "Master, I'm sorry."