Chapter 24

When Irene returned back home, it was already close to 9pm.

Lisa sat in the living room while aimlessly surfing channels on the television with the remote. Even though she had entered through the doorway, he acted as if he never noticed her presence.

It was obvious that he was angry at her.

"My dearest husband, I'm back." She changed her shoes and ran over to him excitedly, as if she did not understand the situation-wanting to show-off the amount of money she had earned today, "It took more time than I'd expected, but I've earned quite a sum of money today."

"Really? Since you're so amazing, you must have earned a lot right?" Lisa said in a mocking tone.

Irene was only a student who had just graduated from high school. What kind of job could she have found? Washing dishes for a restaurant to earn 3500 yuan per month?

"I only took the deposit for now, the balance will be paid 2 days later. The other party said that she has to sell her apartment before she can pass the funds to me. This is the first sum of money I've received after meeting you-for my dearest husband to spend." She had thought of this plan on the way back home. The money she earned would be used to provide for her dearest husband so it was only natural that it would be given to him. She then transferred the 100,000 yuan she had earned to Lisa's WeChat account via her mobile phone.

"The deposit is only 100,000 yuan. A few days later, there will be another incoming sum of at least 200,000 yuan." Irene said, pleased with herself. At the same time, she lamented, "The people in Hai City are so rich. I thought that I would need an entire month to earn 300,000 yuan. I didn't expect to be able to earn it in just a single day."

Lisa heard a notification sound from his mobile phone. He knew that she transferred the first sum of money she had earned to him. Initially, he did not plan to look at his phone, however, when he heard her saying that it was a sum of 100,000 yuan, he did not believe her and took out his phone to open WeChat to check. He indeed saw a transfer record of 100,000 yuan.

He could hear the metaphorical sound of his face getting slapped.

It was not 3,500 yuan. It was 100,000 yuan. Furthermore, it was only the deposit, the remaining balance still had at least 200,000 yuan.

Wait, what did she say earlier on? "You said that to settle the remaining balance, the other party would need to sell their apartment in order to pay you?"

"Yes." She nodded.

"What did you do to make someone sell off their apartment?" Could it be that in order to show that she could earn a lot of money, this little girl went out to commit some kind of heinous crime? His Ephialtes 'buff' could already attract police attention. Could it be that she wanted to be the same as him?-an ideal example of a wife singing her husband's tune?

"I struck a business deal with her." She replied.

"What kind of business deal?" She only came to Hai City for a few days and could somehow already close business deals.

"Our Witch Clan's business deal." For Irene, Lisa was her future dearest husband she would marry home after she turned 20 years old. He was her other half whom she would spend the rest of her life with. Therefore, regardless of what Lisa asked her, she would reply truthfully-even if he probed into the hidden techniques of the Witch Clan. "I used a hidden technique from the Witch Clan to help a young lady, who was suffering from a terminal illness, to recover her health..."

The explanation of the entire process of the business deal followed.

Lisa became more apprehensive the more he heard her recount. He knew that she could use some healing techniques. When he felt unwell for the past 2 times, she used her witch blessing to heal him. However, she even had the ability to heal someone who was suffering from terminal illness at death's door?