Chapter 127

Even though the abrupt growth of Winter's emotional foundation came unexpectedly, it was not an indication of something negative just as what Lisa had initially guessed. After a simple checkup, Irene's worries abated and she climbed up from the basement with Winter in her arms.

Due to too many events transpiring in just a single night, Irene only noticed the time late in the night. She felt extremely drowsy and let out several yawns one after the other.

"My dearest husband, let's go back home. I'm sleepy." Irene said while yawning.

Ghost Gentleman looked at Winter upon hearing her words, which was currently in Irene's arms, on reflex. He wanted to request Irene to allow Winter to remain in the villa to accompany him for the next 2 days since he would be departing for the Underworld thereafter. However, he was concerned that the recently evolved Winter would encounter difficulties if he were to leave Irene at this stage. Therefore, he hesitated for a moment but ultimately chose to remain silent though longing could be clearly seen deep within his eyes.

Lisa nodded his head and stood up, wanting to leave together with Irene.

At the beginning, Winter did not know what was going on. However, when it reached the door of the villa, it finally realized that its mother wanted to bring it out of the villa. It could not resist turning its head back to gaze at Ghost Gentleman. Ghost Gentleman noticed Winter's gaze and waved at it with a smile.

"AH HAHAHAHAHAHA!" Winter let out a happy trill upon seeing Ghost Gentleman smiling back at it. Its sudden laughter attracted the attention of both Lisa and Irene. Both of them looked over and spotted Ghost Gentleman's gaze, which was filled with reluctance.

Irene instantly felt a bad taste lingering within her heart. Even though she was the one who raised Winter, Ghost Gentleman was the one who had constantly protected Winter during this entire ordeal. If it were not for him, Winter would have been burnt to ashes by that little girl long before she reached Lishan.

Now that Ghost Gentleman had evolved into a ghost general, he would need to head to the Underworld to undergo the trial. While Irene was uncertain about the exact details of this trial, according to her master's explanation, it would be extremely tough. After all, any malicious ghost that could evolve into a ghost general would definitely be stained with blood. As such, the Underworld only came out with this trial for recruiting these ghost generals in order to lower the danger that they would pose to the mortal realm. It was also an opportunity for these ghost generals to turn over a new leaf. However, in order to pacify the entire ghost realm's residents, this trial would definitely be highly arduous.

Irene did not know if they would ever see Ghost Gentleman again after he departed for the Underworld.

"Let's stay here for these 2 days." Lisa suddenly voiced out.

Irene raised her brow in surprise and could not help but repeat his words, "Stay here?"

"Hm. Aren't you sleepy? Let's just stay here since the bedrooms upstairs are already furnished with the necessities." As he said as he turned around to walk back into the villa and closed the door after him.

Irene blinked her eyes and her face broke into a smile. She then placed Winter on the floor and said towards Ghost Gentleman, "I'm tired, so look after Winter for me."

"I'm happy to assist." Ghost Gentleman naturally did not reject her request. He could see through the intentions of the couple and warmth overflowed in his heart.

Even though no humans had lived within the villa for many years, the housekeeper would open the windows to air the rooms every weekend. Therefore, the rooms were not filled with muskiness. In addition, the weather in Hai City was pretty good these days and sunlight would always be streaming in through the large french windows. When Irene went over to draw apart the curtains, she could even detect the faint scent of the sun. The only flaw would be the beddings, which had been permeated with the stale odour of being kept in the cupboard for a very long time. Even so, they were still extremely soft and comfortable.