Chapter 77

"What are you looking at?" Jennie turned around to discover Irene staring blankly at the direction of the stairs.

"Ah, are you done?" Irene snapped back to her senses.

"Almost." Jennie nodded her head.

"Where's Uncle?" Irene did not spot the figure of Gongsun Yuanming, Jennie's father.

"My father brought a bunch of clothes that we no longer needed from home to bring them to the next building." Jennie explained. "Oh right, so what do you think?"

"What do you mean?"

"Didn't you mention that you came here to understand about organ donation? After listening to the conversation earlier, what's your opinion?" Jennie asked.

"Hm, it's pretty good. After all, our organs will be sent for cremation after our death. It's much better to let our organs be used to save others than simply letting them turn into ashes." Irene had felt that this was a good deed all along.

Besides, one could also earn some good karma for their next reincarnation.

"This young lady is right." The staff that was currently helping Jennie with the procedures nodded her head while sending an appraising look at Irene. "However, the majority of the people still treat this as a taboo topic now. If everyone had the same mindset as you, hospitals would not be lacking in organ donors and more people could be saved. What do you think? Do you want to sign the agreement too?"

The staff observed that Irene was someone who understood the bigger picture. In addition, she came along to this place with Jennie, and thus could not help but ask her.

"Okay." Irene did not even hesitate before accepting the agreement document.

"Wait a minute, don't you need to go back home to discuss with your family?" Jennie stopped Irene.

"It's alright. Didn't they say that you could cancel this agreement at any point of time. I'll just sign first, and if my family doesn't agree, I will cancel it then." Irene replied nonchalantly.

"Right. You can cancel it at any time." The staff immediately echoed after.

Jennie did not continue to persuade Irene. Irene accepted the pen and took a seat at where Jennie sat earlier. Subsequently, she started to diligently fill in the volunteer documents.

After she had completed the documents, Gongsun Yuanming returned. He then brought the 2 girls out of the building and back to Hai Cheng University.

Right at the same time of their departure from the Red Cross, the middle-aged man-who had brought along the ghost gentleman-went straight to an office right at the far end of the second floor. It was the office of a director of the Red Cross. His name, Yan Fang, was pasted at the right of the entrance.

There seemed to be someone presenting a work report to the director within. Thus, the middle-aged man waited by the door for quite some time until the person reporting about work had exited the room. After which, he went forward to knock on the door.

"Please enter."

The middle-aged man pushed the door open and stepped into the room. He smiled and greeted the director, "Director Yan."

Director Yan wore a white formal shirt. His hair had signs of grey and he had an amiable expression on his face. He was slightly surprised when he spotted the middle-aged man and asked in confusion, "You are?"

"My name is Diao Yongnian." The middle-aged man introduced himself in an overly familiar manner, as if Director Yan was an old friend that he had not seen for many years.