Chapter 58

Even though Seulgi was strapped for money, he could no longer waste any more time as Chen Huanling's living soul had left her physical body for far too long. Therefore, Seulgi and Jisoo did not hesitate at all-they immediately exited the hospital and headed to Hai Cheng University.

On their way to the university, Jisoo first informed Irene via WeChat. He told her that they needed her assistance and requested for her to come out of the university campus to meet them. She agreed easily and arranged to meet at the campus' east gate an hour later.

"500... How could you only have 500 yuan? Your last month's salary and last quarter's bonus should have added up to at least 50,000 yuan." Jisoo was truly shocked. He knew that Seulgi was poor but he did not know that it was to such an extent. For someone who earned an annual salary of 300,000 yuan, who would believe that his total life assets only totaled up to 5,000 yuan?

"I just paid my apartment rent a few days ago." Seulgi felt somewhat aggrieved. So what if he was poor? Even if he was poor, he did not leech off others.

"Don't you have any savings at all?"

"Hasn't the moonlight group[1] been very popular nowadays?" Seulgi let out a derisive smile.

Jisoo looked at the unbelievably thick-skinned Seulgi, and could not even muster the energy to roast Seulgi. Jisoo let out a sigh, he actually knew deep down that Seulgi's salary was mostly donated to his orphanage. However, he had only thought that Seulgi had only donated a huge proportion of his salary to the orphanage. He did not know that this fellow actually lived his life with a minimal amount for survival so as to donate the rest to the orphanage.

"500 yuan is only enough to buy one of my master's talismans." The more Jisoo thought about it, the more he felt that he was introducing a disadvantageous business deal to lady boss. However, Seulgi was his good brother. Whichever side he helped, the other would be in trouble.

Why was he put in such a difficult position?

Jisoo thought about the situation carefully and decided to warn Seulgi. "Seulgi, when we meet lady boss later, please do not tell her that the entirety of your life assets only totals 5,000 yuan."

"I can fork out a bit more or put it on credit first." Seulgi said.

Even though it was the same matter of summoning a soul back to its original place, the service charge of Jisoo's master was 1,000,000 yuan but lady boss' service charge was only 500 yuan. The difference was simply too huge. Even if Seulgi wanted to take advantage of cheap services, he also did not want to do it in such a despicable manner.

"Don't you dare say anything about putting it on credit." Jisoo cautioned. "We, metaphysical sects, have our own rules. Taking my master's sect for example, we must receive payment for any service we provide. For lady boss' side, regardless of how high or low the price is, they would only accept 10% of the customer's life assets. They refuse to have their customers put it on credit. If you mention anything about credit, it will be breaking their rules and lady boss will reject your request. Don't tell her about your financial status now, compensate her when you have the chance in the future."

"There are even such rules?" Seulgi was flabbergasted.

"Otherwise, why do you think I wasted so much effort in trying to sell you that talisman for 50 yuan previously? Do I look like I desperately need your 50 yuan?" Jisoo became annoyed when he recalled the events of that day.

Seulgi also remembered what had happened that day and guilt filled his expression. "I'm sorry Lil' Jisoo. You were so concerned about me but I still said such hurtful words to you that day-I really didn't know what was going on then, after all, the entire situation felt too mystical to me. To be honest, I'm still a little bewildered at this point."