Chapter 36

HAI CITY MA HEADQUARTERS

MA Chairman Qi Xiuran, MA inspection team leader Pei Tan, MA inspection team member Cai Dian, MA elder Xu Ji, Xu Ji's disciples-Xu Wei and Jisoo and lastly, the curse-stricken Tian Cheng were all currently gathered in the MA's conference room. They were discussing the Ephialtes capture mission that took place last night.

Cough. If they were to talk about the outcome, naturally the mission was deemed as a failure.

Ever since they knew about the existence of Ephialtes, the MA had been constantly monitoring him. Afterwards, when he started up his own studio, they planted a spy into his company in order to keep him under close surveillance as well. However, it was clearly apparent that their spy had betrayed them.

"Elder Xu, Jisoo is your disciple. How do you think we should handle this?" Chairman Qi Xiuran asked.

Xu Ji was an elder of MA. Even though Qi Xiuran was the chairman and the overall in-charge of the association, in terms of seniority, Elder Xu was higher than him by a whole generation. Therefore, Qi Xuran would respect Elder Xu's opinions in various matters. Since Jisoo was Elder Xu's disciple, he would naturally seek Elder Xu's opinion before passing down any judgements.

Jisoo hid himself in the back with unease. He did not dare to speak up, let alone defend himself.

"Naturally, we shall follow the rules of the association." Grandmaster Xu said in an impartial manner.

Jisoo froze slightly before lowering his head down in disappointment. Nevermind, he ought to be punished for his misconduct. His master did warn him in advance. However, things turned out in this way as he failed to live up to their expectations.

Xu Wei took a glance at Jisoo and glared at him in disdain. However, he still went forward to defend Jisoo. "Master, Chairman, I feel that even though Sixth Martial Junior Brother may have some responsibility in this, he should not be held accountable for the entire situation. Irene had already appeared by Ephialtes' side one and a half month ago. Since then, they seemed to always be together. Even if he had reported the changes in Ephialtes in time, and alerted us to take action earlier to capture Ephialtes, I feel that the outcome would still turn out to be the same."

Jisoo was startled. He looked towards Xu Wei in disbelief. Was-...was Xu Wei attempting to plead for leniency on his behalf?

Grandmaster Xu threw a glance at his disciple and rebuked him, "Do you have the authority to say this? Chairman Qi also didn't mention anything about your Junior Brother being held accountable for this entire mess."

Xu Wei was taken aback.

"Your Junior Brother is a useless failure. He has minimal spiritual powers. He can't even draw a Protective Talisman well. The entire MA knows about this. The very reason why we sent him to be a spy in Ephialtes' company was because of his weak spiritual disposition; being less sensitive against the malice surrounding Ephialtes." Grandmaster Xu continued, "Since he is such an utter failure, MA has already been mentally prepared for situations where he would make mistakes during his missions or failed to sense Ephialtes' changes in time."

Xu Wei seemed to understand something after hearing his master's speech and solemnly retracted his statement, "This disciple apologizes for overstepping his boundaries."

Jisoo blinked multiple times. His formerly half-dead expression seemed more lively suddenly.

Qi Xiuran was speechless. This pair of master and disciple echoed each other the entire time. What else could he still say?

It was obvious that Jisoo intentionally hid the fact that Lisa used Ephialtes' power of his own accord. However, they forcefully changed the story to Jisoo making a mistake in his mission due to his low spiritual powers. Fine, it was true that MA did not pin any hopes on Jisoo when they first sent him to be a spy. However, this was an issue of his principles when he, as the spy, did not report the truth but helped their target to hide it instead.