Chapter 60

Irene calmed her emotions by the time she returned home. However, she still felt somewhat unhappy as she sat on the sofa with a pout on her face.

Winter felt that there was something off from the atmosphere, and so did not dare to laugh out loud. It kept still in its master's embrace-extremely quiet and obedient.

Lisa poured a cup of water and forced it into Irene's hands. "Have some water."

"Thank you my dearest husband." Irene's voice was still slightly nasal. She lowered her head and took a sip of water.

Lisa knitted his brows. He was not used to the current Irene. He had never seen her act in this manner before and was stumped. Wasn't it just suffering a business loss? Besides, it wasn't as though it was a major deal that could threaten her to the point of bankruptcy. Why was her reaction so great?

"Seulgi's finances are all from the salary that I've been giving him. Therefore, in some way, even if you take more payment from him, that sum of money also originally belonged to us in the first place." Lisa hoped to comfort Irene with his reasoning.

Irene paused for a moment before turning her head around to look at Lisa. "But my dearest husband, he's too poor. Have you been deducting his salary?"

The corner of Lisa's mouth twitched. He had definitely not deducted Seulgi's salary. However, who knew what would happen in the future?

"Do you want to establish a minimum service charge standard?" Lisa suggested.

Confusion could be seen on Irene's expression.

"Your service fee is dependent on 10% of the other party's life assets. It's a proportionate charge according to the individual's financial portfolio. Therefore, if you encounter wealthy customers, you would naturally earn a lot. However, if you meet with impoverished people like Seulgi, you would not be able to earn much. So, why don't you set a minimum service charge? For example, 100,000 yuan as the minimum charge. Customers whose life assets value is below 1,000,000 yuan would pay the minimum charge while you can accept payment based on 10% of their life assets for others." Lisa elaborated.

With a minimum service charge established, Irene would most likely no longer suffer a loss again.

"That's not possible." Irene shook her head without hesitation. "The rule of our Witch Clan states that we can only accept the fees worth 10% of the person's life assets, regardless of the customer being rich or poor. We only have one universal standard. This has been the golden rule since the olden days. I cannot change it easily."

"In that case, did you not think of experiencing a loss like you did today in the past?" Lisa asked.

If this service charge standard was established in the past, she should have been mentally prepared to suffer some losses as it was impossible to only encounter wealthy customers every time.

"I've thought of it before." Irene nodded.

Lisa was surprised by her answer. "If you have thought of it, why did you react that way today...."

Irene understood that Lisa was alluding to her outburst earlier on. She instantly lowered her head in shame and dug at the carpet underneath the coffee table with her foot in awkwardness.

Lisa noticed her current state and could not bear to question her further. He concluded that she had not been not mentally prepared for the situation. After all, envisioning the situation was one thing, but she probably could not take it when experiencing it for herself.

"I did not cry today because I suffered a loss." Irene voiced out after a pause.

Lisa was puzzled and turned his head around to gaze at her, who still had her head lowered with both of her hands holding onto the Winter's short ones. She subconsciously tried to abade her awkwardness by fidgeting with Winter's hands instead.