Chapter 56

Following Jisoo's suggestion, Seulgi made an official police report yesterday. Today, he was informed that his case had been solved not long after he started work.

Was the efficiency of police's case solving so high nowadays?

Seulgi felt a sense of deep respect for the police as he went to the municipal criminal investigation division. An unexpected truth was revealed to him at that time.

"According to our investigation, the driver who wanted to knock you down was a gambling addict called Wang Fu. Someone hired him on the black market with 500,000 yuan to run you over. The job would only be considered successful on the condition of killing or causing you physical disability." The municipal criminal investigation team's vice-leader, Yang Ming, reported.

"Hold on a minute...." Seulgi's mind was filled with buzzing noises as he gazed at Vice-leader Yang in disbelief. "You are telling me that he was seriously trying to knock me down intentionally?"

"Yes, we've already caught him. He also has pleaded guilty." It was also the first time that Vice-leader Yang encountered such a case where the culprit had already been caught but the victim himself did not know that he was a victim.

"But... why? Why was he trying to kill me? I don't even know him." Seulgi was at a loss. He was just a hardworking man who liked to be cooped up in his own home. He hadn't offended anyone before, right? What kind of resentment did the other party have towards him that would cause them to be willing to fork out 500,000 yuan to knock him down? If the other party had anything against him, they could have directly talked it out with him. If they were to hand him 500,000 yuan, he would agree to do anything for them.

"That was the reason we had called you over today." Vice-leader Yang questioned, "I have checked your background records. You're an orphan right?"

"Yes." Seulgi nodded.

"How old were you when you arrived at the orphanage?" Vice-leader Yang questioned further.

"When I was about 5 years old, I think."

"In that case, do you have any memories of the time before you were 5?" Vice-leader Yang inquired.

"No. The orphanage headmaster told me that I was discovered under a bridge by a volunteer. At the time of discovery, I had been suffering from a high fever. After I woke up, he could not find my family either and so he sent me to the orphanage. I probably still had some memories of the past then, but I gradually lost them." Seulgi was not so foolish to not guess where the topic was heading. "Vice-leader Yang, for you to ask these questions, could it be that this case has something to do with my past?"

Seulgi could not resist feeling excitement upon reaching this conclusion. Even though he had long ago accepted the fact that he was an orphan and had also been living pretty well to date, there was no one who would not want to know of their own past. No one would not want to know why they became an orphan.

"Do you recognize this person?" Vice-leader Yang passed a photo over.

Seulgi took the photo and looked at it carefully. The photo was of a young female in her 20s. She was smartly dressed and had a sharp gaze. Even through a photo, he could feel the powerful disposition being exuded from this lady.

He did not recognize this lady. However, he felt that she looked extremely familiar to him. Could she be someone he had seen before?

Where did he see her before? Who did she look like? As Seulgi continued staring at the photo, he suddenly jerked up in shock. "She-...she looks somewhat similar to me."

"It's not just somewhat. We suspect that the two of you are twins." Yang Ming pointed out.

Seulgi widened his eyes in shock.