Chapter 31

DETENTION CENTER

Irene held onto Winter and waited quietly at the side as the lawyer handled the procedures for her release on bail. She pouted her lips with her head lowered and kicked at the floor with her feet. She gave the impression that she was currently unhappy.

The lawyer was not particularly concerned about her current mood. After all, anyone who had experienced this kind of thing would be unhappy too. Furthermore, she was still a student who had just turned 18 years old. Not crying out on the spot already showed that she was a pretty strong girl.

"The procedures have been completed. We can leave now." The lawyer notified Irene.

She took a look at the entrance but did not spot the person that she wanted to see. She unwittingly revealed a slightly aggrieved expression on her face.

"Let's go, quickly return home to take a shower. After that, go to bed and have a good rest." There were few people who could sleep well in the detention center.

Irene let out a grunt of agreement and stood up. She then followed the lawyer and walked towards the door in a dispirited manner. The afternoon sun was glaring strong. The lawyer, who wore a full suit, was unable to bear the high heat and he could not help but quicken his pace. After he had walked a distance, he realized that Irene did not follow right behind him. Instead, she was still behind walking at a very slow speed.

The lawyer let out a sigh and could only raise up his briefcase to shelter himself from the sun as he waited at his spot for her.

"Lady boss."

At this moment, a high-spirited voice could be heard from a distance away.

The lawyer saw the girl, who had her head lowered down as if she was counting her steps as she walked, lift her head up abruptly. Her wide eyes alertly looked around as if she was scanning for something. When she had found what she was looking for, her body straightened up immediately and skipped towards that direction like an excited bunny.

The lawyer witnessed her rushing past him like a gust of wind, pounced towards a man, and pushed him down.

That's right, she pounced towards him and pushed him down.

The man was an adult who looked slightly feminine and had a very slender build. It looked like he had just alighted from the car and still had one of his hands on the car door to support himself when he was charged at by Irene. Her attack literally pushed both of them into the car, causing their legs to dangle outside of the car.

Lisa's body was always in a weakened state every time he finished releasing a new story. Therefore, he was unable to ward off Irene pouncing on him like a hungry tigress. He only felt his head spinning as he fell back into the car. While he was still in a state of giddiness, he suddenly felt a softness on his lips followed by a familiar warmth spreading within his body. His eyes immediately sprung wide open. However, at this moment his entire body was soothed by a warm power causing him not to have any thoughts of resisting after feeling the resulting warmth.

"Boss, are you alright-...I'm sorry!" Jisoo, who had turned around from the front seat to check on the situation, became so shocked that his voice broke off when he saw what was happening in the back. His penetrative shout of apology startled the lawyer to a standstill as the lawyer was approaching the car.

"Mr...Jisoo?" The person responsible for liaising with the lawyer was Jisoo, so the lawyer could recognise him.

"Ah, Lawyer He, have all the procedures been completed? Thank you so much for the hard work, thank you." Jisoo grabbed onto Lawyer He's hand as he gave his thanks profusely.