Chapter 23

Even though Jisoo and the rest of the employees deeply admired their lady boss from the bottom of their hearts, their admiration paled in comparison from the pressure they felt from their boss' glare. The few of them quickly got up clumsily and gave all sorts of excuses to leave the area.

After chasing away the troublesome fellows, Lisa turned back and stared at Irene. He truly did not know how to convince a student who disliked studying to further their studies. He could only say, "There are still 2 days left until the deadline to apply for university. I will lend you my computer to start applying now."

"I don't need to go to school to earn money, really." In order to demonstrate that she indeed had the ability to earn money to support their family, she decided that she needed to prove herself urgently. "Why not I head out now to earn some money?"

Lisa was speechless.

The main point here wasn't about earning money though?

"How much do you want me to earn? Say an amount and I guarantee that I can earn it for you." Irene wanted to let her dearest husband know that she could not only earn money, she could also earn lots of money.

"You should think about earning money after you have finished your university education." Lisa insisted.

Her dearest husband still did not believe in her. No, she must prove her capabilities to him immediately.

But, when she was living in the stockade village, 10,000 yuan per month was enough to support a household. However, the commodity prices in Hai City seemed to be very steep. How much money should she earn to be deemed appropriate?

"Jisoo, Lil' Yeri," Irene turned her head around and shouted in the direction of the main office area.

"Yes?"

"Yes yes?"

The 2 guys who were called, together with the other 2 who were also in the office watching the happenings in the studio with excitement, came out of the main office area.

Finally, they could watch the happenings in the open.

"How much are your salaries each month?" She asked in a straightforward manner.

Sa-...salary? Oh lady boss, this question was invading their privacy.

"Lady boss, my salary is the lowest in the company, it's only-...."

"I only want to know the highest." Before Jisoo could finish his sentence, Irene interrupted him.

If she takes the lowest amount, it would not be able to demonstrate her strength in earning money.

"Ahem, this is information that I know as well." Jisoo was the man in charge of the entire studio's marketing, HR and administrative functions. He was even the boss' secretary. As such, he was able to demonstrate his ability of calculating wages on the spot. "The employee who earned the highest salary last month was Seulgi. He sold a short novel about 30,000 words, adding his salary together, he received a total amount of 80,000 yuan. 2 months ago, the highest was Wendy. He earned 85,000 yuan."

"You earned 5,000 yuan more than me? On what basis?" After knowing the other's salary, Seulgi was vexed.

"It's your own fault for having more mistakes in your work compared to mine." Wendy scoffed.

"When did you guys strike it rich? I didn't even know." Yeri who only earned 30,000 yuan each month for the last 2 months cried out sadly.

"Don't worry. Give me those stories you have written. I will go and promote them this month." Jisoo sympathetically patted Yeri's shoulders.