Chapter 95

Even though the black cat was prideful and hardly cared about humans, this kind of prideful creature would usually only have 2 reactions towards others' requests-either it would not agree from the very beginning, or it would do its best to finish the task once it agreed to it. Therefore, not long after Irene left, the black cat ate a meal of dried fish treats, licked its paws then energetically headed outside to search for the ghost.

In normal circumstances, whether it was a ghost or a soul, it would only be active at night. This was because human activity would be greatly diminished during the night, coupled with the lack of sunlight, the Yin energy during the night would be much denser compared to the day. If a ghost chose to appear during the night, it would definitely be stronger than when compared to its day-self.

Usually, the black cat would also seek out a certain soul during the night as its target's ghost energy would be stronger during this time and it would be easier for the cat to sense it. However, the traces of the ghost that Irene wanted it to search for on the ceremonial sword, was so strong that it did not need to wait till nightfall to sense it. It was already able to sense its traces and thus went out to search for the ghost.

After running out of the villa, the black cat did not rush ahead. Instead, it squatted by a flower bed along the roadside, seemingly waiting for something. It waited until a black Rolls-Royce slowly drove out of the main gate of a villa. Its eyes instantly lit up and it leapt onto the roof of the car in a flash.

Due to the great soundproofing of the Rolls-Royce along with the quick and light movements of the black cat, the driver did not sense anything amiss and continued forward. The black cat sat on the roof of the car with its head held high while it enjoyed the oncoming breeze as the car sped along. It surveyed the surroundings with disdain and gave off the air of a domineering king who was purveying his lands.

Soon, the car reached the first traffic junction. The people in the vicinity spotted the black cat sitting on the car's roof.

"Oh wow. Is that a cat on top of that luxury car?"

"Is it just a decoration? The draft is pretty strong when the car starts moving. I doubt the cat could keep its position."

"It can't be. Look, its fur is swaying."

"Stuffed dolls nowadays are made to be very life-like. It's very normal for dolls to have fur; it would definitely move as wind blows. Look, its entire body is black and almost the same colour as the car. It would be such a lucky coincidence for it to be of the same colour if it was a real cat."

"That's true. A typical cat would not be as fat as this one."

The hearing abilities of animals were usually more sensitive compared to humans'. Besides, the volume of the debates in the surroundings were extremely loud too. Amidst the discussion, the black cat heard an extremely detestable description and immediately turned its head around in a huff to bare its teeth at the human who had called it 'fat'. However, it was unfortunate that it had the body of a cat but not the imposing figure of a tiger, thus it did not look formidable even with its teeth bared.

"Oh wow! It moved!"

"It's a real cat."

"How did it climb up there?"

"That's dangerous, hurry up and come down."

"Wait, let me take a photo."

The owner of the luxury car did not have the windows down, so he could not hear the discussion going on amongst the people outside. However, he saw that people in the vicinity were taking out their phones and taking photos of his car in an excited manner. The owner did not feel that this occurrence was odd as his car was a global limited edition. This car model was hardly seen within the country. It was not surprising for people who knew about this model to take photos of his car. Previously, when he parked his car outside a restaurant, he spotted at least 3 social media influencers taking photos with it within the period of him eating his meal until he left the restaurant.