Chapter 120

Even though the 4 studio employees helped in saving a significant amount of time, the sky had begun to darken when Lisa and Irene set off. By the time they arrived at the expressway to Lishan, night had fallen.

Likely because humans tended to work in the day, so when night came, it gave the feeling that there was not much time left, causing Irene to bite on her own fingers in anxiety as she sat in the front passenger seat while continuously asking Lisa how much time needed to arrive at their destination.

"We will reach in another hour's time." Lisa pacified her.

"My dearest husband, Winter is definitely at Lishan right?" She asked uneasily.

"Yes, it is definitely there." Lisa nodded his head resolutely.

Actually, Lisa was not 100% certain if Winter was at Lishan. However, he had relied on his deductions thus far and he could only trust his current deduction now. Otherwise, they would truly be at a loss in locating Winter.

Irene knew that Lisa was just comforting her. However, the feelings of distraught in her heart lessened subconsciously when she heard the confident tone of Lisa.

Winter, I'm coming to find you. Once I find you, I will never leave you alone in the villa again.

At this moment, a ray of light came from the reflection of the side mirror and temporarily blinded Irene. She looked at the mirror carefully and said in a doubtful tone, "My dearest husband, that car behind seems to have been following us for some distance already."

Irene had noticed the car behind theirs while they were still in the city area. However, as there were many cars in the city area, she did not pay much attention to it at that time. Though, it seemed to be too much of a coincidence for this car to be still driving behind them at this point.

"It should be someone from the association." Lisa responded.

The association? Irene was surprised momentarily. A sudden realization dawned on her. The birth of a ghost general and people dying due to malicious ghosts' possessions were matters that the MA could not possibly ignore once they knew about them. Jisoo mentioned before that the association had been tracking down the whereabouts of the ghost general. He must have revealed their information to the association and thus people were sent to tail them.

It was great that they were following along. If a fight broke out later on, having more people assisting would be useful.

The little traffic during the night coupled with the anxiety within their hearts caused the speed of the car to subconsciously increase. About 30 minutes later, their car exited the expressway and entered the mountain roads.

"Another 15 minutes." Lisa glanced at the car navigation system and voiced out his estimation of their arrival time.

"Okay." Irene could not help but sit up straight as she fixed her sight to the front-a horizon filled with snow-white mountain forest.

A location with the presence of ghosts would be densely filled with Yin energy, which would lead to lower temperatures. When the temperature dropped to a certain point, snow would begin to fall. The topographic prominence of Lishan was not very high, so the entire mountain should be experiencing similar temperatures. However, at this very moment, one could spot from afar that only the peak of the mountain was white.

When anomalies were involved, evil must be involved. Despite their car's current distance from that mountain forest, Irene was very certain that there were ghosts over there. Perhaps, Winter was truly over there too.

***

WITHIN THE VILLA ON THE MOUNTAIN COL

Ghost Gentleman stood in the living room with his body bowed and head lowered in an attempt to diminish his presence in the room. A little girl about 7 to 8 years old was spotted not far from him. She sat on the living room's sofa while watching television. In her arms laid a stuffed doll, which had a blood-red arrow sticking out of its chest.