Chapter 27

As usual, in the wee hours of the night, the child ghost grabbed 2 coins and jumped off from the balcony. Just as the child doll leapt down, Lisa pulled open the curtain and walked out to the neighbouring balcony located in the master bedroom. Lisa took a downwards look towards the first floor and pinched his brows together. Due to the darkness and the yin energy of the child ghost being covered up by the stuffed doll, he could not locate the palm-sized child ghost doll.

Walking to the living room, he recalled faintly hearing the sound of the child ghost pulling open the drawer. After pondering for a moment, he pulled open the drawer below the side table and rummaged around. The drawer was filled with miscellaneous things that were not commonly used. After searching through the contents, he did not discover any abnormalities.

Everything seemed to be here, so what was the little ghost looking for in the drawer?

Hmm?

His hand that was used to search around in the drawer froze. Everything was here but the quantity of a certain something was lesser than before-some of the coins in the drawer were missing. He remembered that he was able to grab a handful of coins when he opened up the drawer previously. However, currently there were only 2 to 3 coins left.

The little ghost stole money? Could it be that he was taking these coins to go out and buy stuff in the middle of the night? However, he only took a few yuan each time he went out. What could he buy with them? Lollipop?

He had to inform Irene about this tomorrow. He was alright with her taking care of a ghost at home. However, he would not condone a ghost that would steal from them.

At this moment, the child ghost still did not know that his theft had been discovered by the male owner of the house and that he would be exposed the next day. He still continued to carry out his nightly pranks. During this recent period, he had been calling Headmaster Hong's mobile phone timely every night. This period was also the most satisfying time he ever had since his death.

In these 3 years after he turned into a malicious ghost, he had wanted to seek revenge on Hong Zhenqing every night. However, there was a very powerful Buddhist prayer beads bracelet on the man. Every time he had tried to approach Hong Zhenqing, he would be harmed by the Buddha's aureole surrounding him. He had attempted thousands of times to take revenge but was always repelled by it. Even trying to scare Hong Zhenqing was an impossible feat during these 3 years as Hong Zhenqing did not even know that he existed.

However, over these 10 days, he was able to scare Hong Zhenqing into hysterics just by giving the man a phone call every single night. He was absolutely ecstatic.

From today onwards, he would not let Father Hong have the opportunity to sleep peacefully again.

Such ruthless thoughts filled his mind as he dialed the phone number in an extremely practiced manner. A familiar dialing tone could be heard but the call was not picked up by the other party. After the busy notification tone sounded out, he attempted to call the same number again. He had been doing this every night. If Hong Zhenqing did not pick up, he would call up to 10 times.

Just when he thought that he would reach his tenth attempt for the night like the past few times, the call suddenly, successfully, went through.

The child ghost was surprised but quickly recovered his state of mind. His childlike voice called out sweetly to Father Hong, "Father Hong, why have you not come down to the basement to look for me? I'm so cold..."

"Xiao Ning." Headmaster Hong called out.

The child ghost was startled before he laughed out gleefully, "Father Hong, you still remember my name."