Chapter 67

Due to Jisoo's tactless remark, he was kicked out of the house by Xu Wei. He did not even have the time to eat breakfast.

"Boss, oh boss, I have truly wronged you previously when you were paying my salary yet I was spying on you at the same time. However, look at me now, even though you deducted both my bonuses, I still spoke up for you. I've made it up to you with this. Therefore...." Jisoo shouted loudly at the contact page of Lisa on his phone. "Boss, give me a higher raise during the salary adjustment next month ahhhhhh!"

He felt relaxed after shouting out loud. Just as he kept his phone and was about to turn towards his car which was parked at the roadside, he spotted a youth wearing flip-flops holding a bag of breakfast, staring at him dumbfoundedly.

Jisoo gave the youth a smile. Just as he wanted to leave the area, the youth called out to him.

"Bro." The youth gave him a thumbs-up and praised him, "To be able to request for a pay raise in such an arrogant manner, you must be a great talent not being fired on the spot."

"Haha, ha ha ha...." Jisoo awkwardly laughed as he fled the scene. He let out a huge sigh after he finally entered his car. He felt that it had been a terrible morning today.

He started up his car and prepared to head home to rest. He would usually sleep in till noon during holidays. Since he could not stay up late at his master's house, he was able to wake up early in the morning today. He let out a yawn and started driving home. Upon returning to his house, he did not even change his clothes. Instead, he took off his shoes and immediately headed to his room to sleep again.

He slept all the way till noon before waking up. He then took out his phone to order some food delivery. In the midst of doing so, a phone call suddenly came.

Jisoo was thrilled when he noticed that the call was from his university classmate, Tang Yangcheng. He accepted the call and laughed out loudly, "Yangcheng, you rascal, you did not bother coming out to play after you started dating. Why do you have time to find me today?"

"Lil' Jisoo, there's something I want to check with you." Anxiousness could be heard in Tang Yangcheng's voice.

"What's wrong? Tell me."

"During our university days, I remember you mentioning that you know metaphysics, right? You also liked to read my fortune from my face during that time. Is that real?" Tang Yangcheng asked.

"What's wrong?" Jisoo sensed something amiss. Last time during his university days, none of his dormmates believed him when he said that he knew about metaphysics. Something must have happened for his friend to suddenly contact him to ask about such a subject.

"Just tell me if those things you said were true." Tang Yangcheng pressed on.

"Yes, although my talent isn't that great, I know a little about metaphysics." Jisoo answered.

"In that case, could you come over to my house? It seems that my girlfriend has come into contact with something unclean." Tang Yangcheng asked fretfully.

"Something unclean?"

"Gosh, stop asking. Just come over first."

"Alright, I'll go over now." Jisoo did not hesitate and immediately cancelled his food delivery order. He then drove his car towards the district where Tang Yangcheng stayed.

Tang Yangcheng did not stay far, so he reached his friend's house in 20 minutes. Just as he was about to knock on the door, Tang Yangcheng opened the door and pulled him in. His friend then swiftly shut the door, as if afraid of being seen by somebody else.

"Lil' Jisoo, you're finally here." Tang Yangcheng was extremely tense.

"Don't panic. Where's your girlfriend?" Jisoo observed the surroundings but did not discover anything out of the ordinary.