Chapter 53

After morning classes ended, Irene returned to the dorm with her dormmates. They intended to put their books in the room before heading to the cafeteria for a meal together. They returned to the dorm while chatting happily. Upon pushing the room door open, they spotted a demure and beautiful girl, wearing a white dress, standing in the room. She held a delicately wrapped present in her hands and was about to place it on Rosé's table.

The girl discovered the sudden return of the other 3 girls and was rooted to the ground feeling slightly uneasy. There was a light blush on her face as she greeted them in a fluster, "Hello, I-...I'm Jennie."

"So you are Jennie." Joy was an extremely sociable person and so she started to introduce herself with a big smile on her face once she heard that the girl was her last dormmate. "I'm Joy. I sleep on the bed across yours."

"I'm Rosé. Mine is beside yours." Rosé's eyes swept across the present on her table. "Did you prepare presents for us?"

"Yes." Jennie smiled and nodded. She turned around to take another 2 presents from her table and passed one to Joy and Irene each.

"Thank you. I'm Irene." Irene took the chance to introduce herself when she accepted the present. She then took out a doll from her pocket and passed it to Jennie. "This is my return gift."

"Such a cute doll." Jennie did not expect to receive a return gift so quickly. She replied in a cheerful tone, "I will hang this on my bag."

"This is not a bag accessory. It's a Sweet-dreams Doll." Irene introduced.

"Sweet-dreams Doll?" Jennie was taken aback.

"It's a type of fortune doll from my hometown. If you put it by your bedside when you sleep, you will be able to have a good sleep." Irene explained.

"Really? Thank you." Even though Jennie knew that good-luck products were mostly hoaxes, she understood that it held a heartfelt wish of blessings from the other party.

"Is that really true? Irene, I also want one." Joy butted in.

"I'll give you one as a return gift when you give me a present." Irene laughed as she turned down the request. Rosé and Joy slept like pigs the moment the lights went off at night. With such high quality sleep, they did not require Sweet-dreams Doll at all.

The relationship amongst the 4 girls became close in a short period of time as they joked and interacted with each other. The 3 girls invited Jennie to have lunch in the cafeteria. After they reached the cafeteria, they ordered different dishes and shared them with each other.

"Jennie, the counselor mentioned that you did not come to military training as you were not feeling well during then. Are you feeling better now?" Rosé asked in concern.

"My health is usually fine most of the time." Jennie replied.

"Most of the time?" Rosé questioned doubtfully.

"I have a congenital heart condition. I'm alright as long as it doesn't act up." Jennie explained with a smile.

The rest of the girls were stunned at her explanation. They had assumed that Jennie just fell sick during military training causing her absence. They did not expect that it was actually due to such a serious illness.

Jennie noticed that she had scared the other 3 girls and immediately added on, "You girls don't need to be nervous. I'm actually fine. It's not as serious as what it sounds like. As long as I take my medication timely and have ample rest, I'm generally fine."

"It's good that you're alright. We will take care of you from now on at the university." Joy declared casually.

"Right." Irene and Rosé also nodded their heads.