Chapter 151

The array of the contract does not only exchange the item itself but also its function. For example, if a blind person exchanges for a pair of eyes through the array, they will receive eyes that can see, not just the physical eyes themselves. The Ghost King's Seal is a condensation of the Ghost King's power. Its main function is to stabilize the Ghost King's energy, allowing him to control his power freely without losing control.

So, when the Ghost King's Seal was transferred to Lisa through the array, its function also began to take effect. The seal recognized Lisa as its master and, sensing that his power was in disarray, instinctively started to control it. The effect was immediate: Lisa, who had begun to demonize, became solid once again under the influence of the Ghost King's Seal. As Lisa's body recovered, the surrounding rampaging Nightmare energy also began to show signs of calming down.

It worked!

Just as Irene was rejoicing over the seal's effect, an unexpected change occurred. The Ghost King's Seal, which was trying to stabilize the Nightmare energy, suddenly started to tremble violently. With a burst of golden energy, a crack appeared on the surface of the seal, and the highly compressed Nightmare energy began to leak out.

"What's happening?" Irene anxiously looked at the Ghost King. "Why did the seal crack?"

The Ghost King, who had already made a deal with Irene to help her and the Nightmare pass through this crisis for his daughter, observed for a moment and said, "The seal is undergoing a mutation. The Nightmare energy is of a higher grade than the Ghost King's energy. To suppress it, the Ghost King's Seal is mutating. If it fails, it will collapse. From what I see now, the seal is struggling to handle the Nightmare energy."

"Is there any way to fix it?" Irene asked anxiously.

"Unless something can temporarily suppress the Nightmare energy and give the seal enough time to evolve. Only when it fully withstands the energy and transforms into a Demon Seal will it succeed." The Nightmare is a demon, and only a Demon Seal can suppress its power.

Suppress it? Irene thought for a moment and suddenly remembered something. She hurriedly took out a glass vial from her bag, looked at it, and handed it to Mina.

Mina looked at the vial containing a few milliliters of dark red liquid. "What's this?"

"Your blood," Irene replied.

"My what?!" Mina exclaimed, then glanced at the unhealed wound on his right hand. "Is this from earlier?"

"Yes, it is. I know you have a lot of questions, and I'll explain later. But for now, take your blood and drop it onto the seal." Irene's idea was simple: since ancient texts mention that pure energy can seal Nightmare power, then it must have a suppressing effect on it.

"I-"

"Go!" Irene urgently pushed Mina forward. If it weren't for the unstable energy outside, she would have run over there herself. Mina understood the gravity of the situation-Lisa was even more dangerous than the Ghost King, and if he didn't wake up, the consequences would be dire.

Though unsure of what his blood could do, Mina decided to trust Irene and ran towards Lisa. Lisa was in a delicate balance, with the Nightmare instinctively trying to destroy and devour, while the Ghost King's Seal fought against it. So, when Mina approached, Lisa didn't attack him.

"Drop the blood on the Demon Seal?" Mina looked up at the Ghost King's Seal, which was floating about a foot above Lisa's head, and reached for it but couldn't quite get there. He needed something to stand on.

Luckily, during the battle, the Ghost King had stirred up several rocks. Mina found one that was just the right size, stood on it, and finally reached the seal. Without hesitation, he opened the vial and poured the blood onto the Ghost King's Seal.