Chapter 22

Lisa headed to the car repair shop and saw that his car looked as if it was brand new. From its outer appearance, he could not tell that it had been previously damaged.

"Sir, our shop offers free car washing service. Would you like to have your car washed?" The car mechanic asked enthusiastically.

Even though it was a free service, some customers were extremely sensitive to their own privacy. Therefore, without their consent, the shop did not dare to wash customers' cars on their own accord.

"Will it take long?" Lisa asked.

"You came early so there aren't many customers around now. If you are interested, I can help you wash it immediately. It will take 20 minutes at most." The mechanic replied.

"Okay, wash then." Lisa nodded his head.

"Alright. I will proceed to wash your car right now. If you head to the shopping mall just next door and take a walk around before returning, it would be about done." When Lisa first entered through the door, the mechanic did not dare to speak to him. But after interacting with him for some time, his malice 'buff' disappeared, the mechanic became more enthused around him. The mechanic even recommended some areas that he could head to as the mechanic was concerned that Lisa would get bored while waiting.

Lisa turned his head to look out of the shop and spotted the shopping mall that was located not far away from the repair shop. It seemed like it had just opened recently as there were still many coloured celebratory balloons hung at the plaza just in front of the shopping mall. He knew that the malice on his body was very powerful. If he were to stay near someone or stare at someone for a long period of time, it would be very stressful for that person. As such, he decided to take up the mechanic's recommendation and headed to the shopping mall.

Newly-opened shopping malls usually had a lot of promotional activities going on. The shopping mall itself was filled with crowds and clamour. Lisa casually strolled around in the mall while observing crowds buying cheap items on sale ecstatically. Subconsciously, he felt envious of these people.

Why could these people become happy so easily?

"Sweet roasted chestnuts, sweet roasted chestnuts, buy 500g and you get another 500g free. Sir, would you like to buy some chestnuts?" A young girl, who was selling sweet roasted chestnuts, suddenly obstructed Lisa's path.

He looked down. Before he could say anything, the young girl's face turned pale and her sales pitch got stuck in her throat.

This man looked extremely menacing.

Just when the girl wanted to calmly shift her sight away and pretend that she had not been approaching this extremely fierce-looking man, Lisa suddenly reached out and took a piece of chestnut from the tray in her hands.

The sweet roasted chestnut smelled delicious. In particular, the chestnuts that were being fried in a big wok at the side were giving out waves of delicious and tempting fragrance. If Irene were here, she would definitely plead for him to buy some.

"Give me 500g." He voiced out.

"Ah? Oh? Okay, okay!" She actually managed to sell some chestnuts to him?

The girl snapped back to her senses and ran back to the counter in a rush. She quickly weighed out 500g of chestnuts and packed them into a paper bag and passed it to Lisa, "35 yuan."

While Lisa took out his phone and made payment, he asked, "Wasn't it supposed to be buy 500g and get 500g more for free?"

The girl startled for a moment and apologized in a fluster, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." Then, she used an even greater speed than before to pack another bag of chestnuts. She then took both bags and handed them to him.