Chapter 69

When Lisa noticed Irene walking out from the residential building, he then took a look at the time only to discover that she had only taken 15 minutes from the time she went up, till the time she came out of the building. As promised, she did not exceed 20 minutes.

"My dearest husband, I've earned some money." Irene declared joyfully.

"Hmm, that's great. How much did you earn?" Lisa followed along and asked her. He knew that Irene loved to earn money.

"Not much, just 100,000 yuan." Irene replied cheerfully.

He smiled and started up the car. As he drove out of the district, he commented with a smile, "This means that I got another 100,000 yuan for my pocket money."

Lisa actually did not have much to spend on every month. He had long ago bought an apartment and a car. His petrol charges and car maintenance fees were also deducted from his company's earnings. He also did not have any hobbies that would require him to spend loads of money on, nor did he like to go out of his house too so he did not need too many clothes either. His only expenses every month would be on food. The main reason why he wanted to earn money was simply to prevent himself from feeling bored. When he remembered about it, after accumulating a significant sum of money, he would find somewhere to spend it all.

The pocket money that Irene had given him were all untouched and saved in his bank account. Even though he did not use the money at all, he had never rejected accepting them.

"I won't be giving this to you as pocket money today." Irene replied.

Lisa glanced sideways towards Irene and noticed her bright, glistening eyes. He instantly knew what she wanted to do and decided to play along, "So how do you intend to spend it?"

"I'm going to bring you shopping." Irene raised her phone and presented the screen showing 100,000 yuan to Lisa. She adopted the tone of a domineering CEO and proclaimed, "My dearest husband, you buy, I'll settle the bill. You must spend it all."

Lisa was surprised by her proclamation and barked out in laughter. Did this little girl watch some kind of weird drama while she was in school?

"What are you laughing at?" Irene asked nervously. Could it be that her dearest husband felt that she had earned very little?

"I'm happy." Lisa replied seriously.

When Irene heard that her dearest husband was happy, she felt extremely content. As expected, the dramas were inspired from the real world.

As Lisa drove, he contemplated how to spend the 100,000 yuan. He had never had the experience of calculating his personal expenses. Even though his relationship with his parents was bad, they had never deprived him financially. To be exact, his parents would send him huge amounts of pocket money every year as compensation for distancing themselves from him. When he moved out, his father directly transferred some company stocks to him in advance. Although he had never bothered managing the stocks, he would still timely receive returns in bonuses every year.

Aside from his current apartment which he had bought with his own money, all his other properties were arranged for him by his family. The villa that the ghost child Ningning was living in now was a fully furnished house built 2 years ago for his personal use.

If he bought a watch, just a piece would be sufficient enough to finish the entire 100,000 yuan. However, the price range of watches was extremely wide. They could cost millions of yuan. If Irene noticed the exorbitant prices, she might even become more obsessed with earning money. No, he could not choose to buy a watch.

What should he buy then?

Lisa could not come up with any suitable idea at all. He took the chance to take out his phone in order to send a message to the company's chat group while the light was red and Irene was not paying attention to his actions.