Chapter 30

Lisa took the cup of coffee prepared by Jisoo and walked upstairs leisurely while leaving the rest stunned at the spot.

"What did he just say?" Mina turned around to look at Jisoo, who was in a daze.

"Writing a new story?" Jisoo was not entirely sure of what he had heard, so he turned around to look at his other 3 colleagues in the main work area in hopes of getting some hints. However, he noticed that the other 3 also had a dumbfounded look on their faces.

They actually did not need to guess whether it was true or not. With Lisa's writing speed, the first chapter would be released in 30 minutes at most. Mina decided not to leave the studio and found a place to sit down to wait for the chapter release together with the studio employees. As they constantly refreshed Lisa's web profile page, they monitored the time as if they were afraid that they would not be able to spot the newest update the very first second it was released.

25 minutes later, Mina received a message notification from the novel platform: The author you have followed, Lili, has released a new story.

Mina immediately refreshed Lisa's web profile page and spotted a new novel which only had one chapter released.

The new novel title was: 'I Used To Be A Good Person'.

This title...?

Mina immediately associated the title's name to the identity of Headmaster Hong, who was the orphanage's headmaster. His heart turned cold for a moment. If a headmaster of an orphanage turned from a good person to a bad person, what would he do? What would he have done to those poor orphans?

As a police officer, Mina had seen countless cruel cases, so he was able to handle most cases in an unruffled manner. However, he was unable to remain calm when dealing with this particular type of criminal cases-crimes that involved children. This was because the most innocent, purest and weakest group in this world were children. He suddenly felt afraid of reading this new story. What if the contents in the story were real?

However, when had the stories that Lisa wrote ever been fake?

Despite feeling a heavy ominous premonition deep within, Mina could not stop his eyes from swiftly reading through the first chapter. There was not much content in the first chapter. It depicted the emotional changes in Headmaster Hong since he picked up the first child until his decision to establish an orphanage. The entire chapter hinted at how Headmaster Hong was filled with tenderness and love for the child. It also told the readers how the headmaster established the orphanage despite burning bridges.

However, if one were to look back and take a look at the novel's title again, they would realize that, despite how good a person Headmaster Hong was at this time, it just meant that his turning point would be that much more significant as well later.

Lisa had never put up teasers before releasing a new story. However, the readers' chat group would definitely become hyped up the moment he released a new story.

[Oh my god! What day is it today? Am I still dreaming? Master Lili released a new novel?]

[Me too, me too! I even pinched myself earlier. It was damn painful. It hasn't even been a month since Master Lili released his previous novel. Am I really not dreaming?]

[For Master Lili to release a new story so quickly, is it because his character turned twisted? Or is he lacking money these days?]

[To the above commenter, scram! What does Master Lili releasing a new novel have to do with his character becoming twisted?]

[Look at the title of this new novel 'I Used To Be A Good Person'. This is definitely about the process of how someone's character became twisted.]

[I just finished the first chapter. The main character seems to be the headmaster of an orphanage. Damn it. Has Master Lili finally laid his hands on innocent children?]