Chapter 116

"Lead Inspector Mina, whether this incident was an accident or not, you will understand once you investigate it." Yeri's slip of tongue earlier on did not go unnoticed by Mina. As such, he got interrogated by the inspector for quite some time and was unable to endure it anymore.

Who's Mina? He's someone who had served in the police force for over 10 years-cracking countless major criminal cases, and meeting all sorts of people in his line of work. Not mentioning catching Yeri's slip of tongue-even if Yeri did not slip up-from the stuttering expressions of those few people, he was certain that there was something odd with this incident involving Lisa and Irene. But because of his identity as a police officer, even if he was suspicious of something, he was also at his wit's end if there was no evidence backing his hunch.

"According to the years of experience I have in solving criminal cases, the reason why someone would choose to keep silent is because he has some kind of ulterior motives. And these motives were usually of a bad connotation. You guys... did you guys do something that goes against our country's laws?" Mina's disposition underwent a 180 degree change-he now exuded a sense of solemnity and justice that a police officer would have. His sudden change caused the hearts of the 4 civilians from the studio to have a sudden jolt.

"If I'm right, you better give a confession quickly. Taking into account that we are acquaintances, I can consider it as a case of self-confession. Don't wait till I find incriminating evidence...." Mina's eyes narrowed as he stared at Seulgi, who had the weakest mental state amongst them.

"I-...I'm a good citizen." Seulgi stammered.

"Then why are you feeling guilt-ridden?" Mina continued his interrogation, intending to find a breakthrough.

"I-...I'm a coward." Seulgi was indeed feeling guilty. At the same time, he was also afraid of Mina's imposing stance.

"You are clearly feeling guilty." Mina pressed on.

"You-... if you continue pressuring me, I'll call my lawyer." Seulgi retorted.

The rest were astounded when they heard Seulgi's words. Calling for a lawyer? That was a line that wealthy people like to say.

Wait a minute. Wasn't Seulgi a wealthy person? It was all because this rascal's character did not change at all after reuniting with his rich and prestigious family. This led to them constantly forgetting the fact that Seulgi was indeed a young master of a rich and prestigious family.

"Ahem...." Mina's expression immediately changed. He patted Seulgi's shoulder with a faint smile on his face. "This was just a casual chat between friends. There's no need to get a lawyer involved."

The other 3 studio employees all rolled their eyes upon hearing the inspector's words.

Seulgi felt like he had regained some confidence and continued to threaten the inspector, "If you continue to accuse me and our studio, I will call for a lawyer."

The corner of Mina's lips twitched. These nefarious rich people....

At this moment, Lisa walked out of the ward and instructed Jisoo who was standing near the ward entrance. "Go and settle the paperwork for our discharge. Also, buy 2 sets of clothes along the way."

The couple's clothes were completely soaked after they plunged into the river yesterday. Naturally, they could no longer wear those clothes now.

"Lady boss is awake?" Jisoo asked in reflex.

"Hm." Lisa grunted in acknowledgement and turned around to return back to the ward.

Hearing that Irene had woken up, the faces of the rest of the employees lit up. They then quickly divided up the work amongst themselves-Jisoo would handle the discharge paperwork; Wendy and Seulgi would head out to buy clothes; and Yeri would assist in packing up.