Chapter 76

MONDAY

When Irene brought Winter, which had changed into its new clothes, back to campus, the sight immediately caused a commotion in her dorm as Winter's new dress was truly too exquisitely-designed.

"Where did you buy this set of clothes? It's too pretty. The skill in making this is much higher than some of the major brands out there." Joy caressed the soft and delicate material of the dress and could not help but praise. "Are dolls clothes nowadays more intricately designed than those for humans?"

"This gothic inspired dress is so beautiful. It feels like it was copied out from a manga." Rosé was a 2D fanatic. She could not help but exclaim when she spotted the dress, "Which store did you buy this from?"

"I did not buy it from a store. This was custom-made." Irene also fell in love with Winter's new dress at first sight and understood the reactions of her dormmates.

"Custom-made? Do they accept custom orders for clothings for adult humans? I want an exact replica of Winter's clothes so I can wear it to the next manga exhibition." Rosé immediately asked.

"Erm, I think it's not possible. This is a gift from a friend. He specially had it custom-made for Winter and they do not accept requests from the public." Irene shook her head.

"Oh I see." Rosé's expression was filled with regret. "Winter is so lucky to be able to wear such a pretty outfit."

Even though Winter could not move at this current moment, it was able to hear the surrounding praises being sung about her clothes. Furthermore, Winter was a doll that was easily contented, so it would be over the moon the moment it was praised by someone. Rosé and Joy had been singing praises about it for quite some time now that its fragmented soul in the stuffed doll shook and its eyes shone brightly. If not for it remembering that it should not move now, it would have twirled around in circles for several times while laughing aloud. It wanted to tell them that its dress was even more beautiful when being spun around.

Irene noticed Winter's current mood and knew that she could not let her dormmates continue with their praises. If not, Winter would not be able to hold itself back anymore. Just as she was about to find a reason to retrieve Winter, Rosé seemed to have zoned out as she stared closely at Winter's eyes.

"Hey, this doll's eyes...." Rosé had a sudden impulse to reach out and touch its eyes. She seemed to have spotted something flashing past the doll's eyes earlier on.

"Uh oh." Irene thought silently to herself. She immediately reached out to snatch Winter back and held it in her arms. However, as her movement was too exaggerated and seemed very abrupt, the other 2 girls sent her odd looks.

"Erm... erm, there's this saying in my village that a doll's eyes are not to be touched, or else the person would suffer from nightmares at night." Irene hurriedly came out with an excuse.

"This is a superstition, a bluff." Joy was dazed.

"It's a custom from my hometown, so I consider it a taboo for me, so sorry." Irene apologized to the rest while thinking that it was probably not appropriate for her to bring Winter to campus in the future.

Winter's emotions were increasingly becoming richer and its emotions fluctuations were significantly greater too. If it was not careful, its true nature would be accidentally revealed. She could no longer bring it around to places with many people like before.

Rosé and Joy felt slightly sheepish when they heard Irene mentioning that she considered people touching dolls' eyes as a taboo.

"We should be the ones that should be apologizing. We didn't know about your hometown's customs." Rosé apologized.