Chapter 50

Irene had a great afternoon nap. Before she fully awoke, she habitually rolled around on her bed. However, it seemed that her body was obstructed by something while she was trying to roll around. She opened her eyes in puzzlement and the first thing that entered her sight was Lisa's calm face.

"My dearest husband!" Irene shouted out in surprise. She then realized that she had almost rolled down to the floor earlier on and that Lisa saved her by supporting her. "My dearest husband, you're awake."

"Yeah." Lisa woke up 10 minutes earlier than Irene. Unlike his usual routine, he did not head to work immediately after he had gotten up. Instead, he had squatted down in front of the sofa till now. Thus, he was able to catch Irene in time when she tried to roll herself around.

"My dearest husband, I've completed my military training." Irene turned around to sit up, only to discover that a thin blanket had been covering her body.

Her dearest husband must have deliberately found a blanket to cover her since he did not have one on himself earlier on when he was sleeping.

"Hm." Lisa had already known the moment he woke up and saw Irene, "Winter."

He passed Winter over to Irene.

She hugged Winter to herself and casually remarked, "I had thought that you would have placed Winter in the villa to play with Ningning."

"It was not noisy." Lisa replied.

Irene instantly understood. Her dearest husband was implying that Winter was not noisy and did not disturb him. Since it was very obedient, he did not send Winter away.

"Did you hear that? My dearest husband praised you." Irene lowered her head and spoke to Winter.

"AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Winter was happy and let out a trill of candid laughter.

"However, did you eat too much recently?" Irene turned Winter about several times before poking its stomach and asked. She had already discovered Winter's condition when she entered through the office door earlier on. However, as Winter was being hugged by Lisa during then, she did not voice it out to avoid waking Lisa.

Lisa was startled. He recalled that during this past period, he had been able to sleep for 1-2 hours daily. He could not help but ask anxiously, "Could it be due to Winter consuming my Ephialtes' powers that I was able to sleep at least 1-2 hours daily recently. Will anything bad happen if Winter overeats?"

"If Winter overate, it would not be able to properly digest the energy it had absorbed, causing the energies to leak out of its body." Irene answered.

"Leak out of its body?"

"To put it simply, when Winter devours your Ephialtes' powers, it would not be able to digest those powers if it ate too much. Therefore, its body would also be pervaded with Ephialtes' powers." Irene clarified. "However, Ephialtes' powers work differently between your body and Winter's body. You can control the Ephialtes' powers consciously. As long as you do not wish to, the people around you will not experience nightmares incurred by Ephialtes' powers. At most, others would feel somewhat stifled when being near you. However, it is completely different for Winter. It is unable to control Ephialtes' powers. As such, the moment Ephialtes' powers leaks from its body, it would directly affect the people around Winter."

Lisa understood her explanation to a certain extent, "You are saying that Winter has currently turned into a 'nightmare' doll?"

"That's right. With its current circumstances, anyone who touches it would definitely experience nightmares." Irene explained as she tapped on Winter's head. "I can't bring you out these days. We will discuss this again after you have digested all these energies. However, I'll still praise you since you have taken good care of my dearest husband."