Chapter 33

Lisa did not know that the MA decided to finally take action against him. Currently, he was sleeping peacefully with the help of his little wife's hypnosis. Today was his once-a-week sleeping time. Even though Lisa did not voice out his thoughts, he would always head to sleep immediately after finishing his meal so that he was able to sleep as much as he could. Therefore, when the MA's inspection team reached Huating District and knocked on his house door, the person that opened the door instead was a young lady in her pyjamas, wearing slippers and holding a lamb skewer in her hand.

This young lady who was currently munching on her supper was Irene.

"Who are you guys?" Irene asked, her voice was unclear as her mouth was full. She had just bought a cup of milk tea online just 15 minutes ago and thought that the delivery guy had arrived. However, when she opened the door, she saw 2 middle-aged men that she did not recognize. Both of them were dressed similarly-the clothing style was simple yet exquisite, like some kind of uniform. She could tell with a look that they were not here to deliver her drink.

"Are you Irene?" One of the men, who had a square face and a handlebar mustache, asked.

The MA's inspection team had some information on Irene. About a month ago, a mysterious girl from an ethnic minority group suddenly appeared at Lisa's side. Her name was Irene. In the beginning, they did not pay much attention to the girl. Only when Xu Wei encountered her during his capture of a malevolent spectre half a month ago did they realize that this mysterious girl seemed to be from a metaphysical sect. She possessed metaphysical techniques that closely resembled those of a dark practitioner. Since then, they started to monitor her more closely.

Irene nodded her head while swallowing down the food in her mouth. "What's the matter? I don't think I know you guys."

"We are from the Metaphysical Association's inspection team. We are here to capture Lisa." Another voice was heard from behind the square-faced man. An insuppressible sense of schadenfreude could be heard in this voice.

The moment she heard that the 2 men were here to capture Lisa, she widened her eyes. She looked towards the origin of the voice and spotted another person behind the 2 men. Furthermore, this person was someone she actually recognized.

Wasn't this guy the person who dared to bully her dearest husband in front of her more than a month ago? The bastard whom she wanted to hunt down for more than a month but to no avail.

"It's you!" She took her skewer in her hand and stabbed towards him with it.

The square-faced man's expression froze as he saw the skewer closely brush past his face.

Oh god! That was a skewer used to skewer lamb meat. It was extremely sharp!

The man, who Irene was pointing towards, was Tian Cheng. He was a member of MA's inspection team. About more than a month ago, due to the panic caused by the liver-digging devil, the malice in Hai City was stirred restlessly. This resulted in frequent appearances of evil spirits and malicious ghosts in the city. In order to not allow these evil beings to cause havoc in the mortal realm, the inspection team were flung into a period of endless busyness at the cost of their sleep. During this period where they continuously worked for days, his spiritual power condition was in chaos, as a result, he was even injured by a 100-year-old malicious ghost and almost lost an eye.

He suffered from post-traumatic stress since that incident and blamed everything on Ephialtes. Therefore, he decided to vent his anger on Lisa directly. Initially, he only wanted to teach Lisa a lesson. However, he did not foresee that he would encounter a huge hurdle. He was beaten up so badly by Irene, who emerged out of nowhere, to the point of pissing in his pants from terror. In the end, he had to rely on the police coming to his rescue to escape.