Chapter 114

Queuing was supposed to be a boring activity. However, snuggling against one's love while soaking up each other's warmth and love in the falling snow would turn this boredom to affection instead. When they finally reached their turn after unknowingly shuffling forward in the queue, Irene even felt that the time had flown past a tad too fast.

"It's our turn." Lisa patted the girl in his embrace.

Irene acknowledged with a soft voice. She then turned around to step into one of the ferris wheel pods with Lisa following right behind her. After the both of them had stepped in, the staff immediately closed the door of the capsule. During the entire process, the ferris wheel was still operating slowly. Therefore, not long after the couple was seated, the pod they were in started to rise as the ferris wheel slowly spun.

"My dearest husband, that's the night market that we went to previously." When the pod rose to the midway point, Irene pointed at the other side of the river from where the ferris wheel was at.

Lisa followed her voice and looked over. At the opposite bank of the river, there was a significant number of lights spread out all along the river bank. It was the river bank that he and Irene had gone to about a month ago. Looking at the river bank made him unconsciously reminded of the words that Irene had said to him on a certain day.

"Because I'll always be by your side. If you were to lose control one day, the first person you kill would definitely be me."

"My dearest husband, don't be afraid. I'll always protect you."

Subconsciously, warmth gushed out from within his heart as glints of happiness danced in his eyes, "Yes, that's the place."

"We've gotten pretty high." Irene commented in excitement while watching the people on the ground turned smaller and smaller. "I hope we can reach the peak just as the clock strikes 12am."

"There are still another 50 seconds left." Lisa glanced at his watch and pointed out of the window, "The fireworks will be in that direction."

She immediately turned around to look in that direction. She had to be well aware of the time for her plan to pull her dearest husband into a hot New Year's kiss right when they crossed into the New Year while the fireworks exploded in the sky. Her dormmates told her that every ferris wheel's pod brimmed with happiness. If one were to kiss their beloved as their pod reached the peak, the couple would be blessed with eternal love. Irene clearly knew that it was just a rumour, however, she still wanted to follow it.

Perhaps many people already knew that it was just fictitious and it was probably a publicity stunt used by businesses to romanticize ferris wheels. However, people still chose to believe in this story and were even very fond of it just because it symbolized a very blissful notion.

No one could predict whether they could spend their life with another-who they liked right now-in happiness for the rest of their life. However, everyone wholeheartedly wished that their love could be everlasting.

***

IN THE VILLA

Due to surging Yin energies, the bright moon was now covered by a tinge of shadows that was invisible to ordinary mortals. However, this layer of shadows was strikingly visible to the non-humans in the villa. The luminous moon was utterly tarnished by the Yin energy, causing Ghost Gentlemen to lose interest in moon-gazing. He might as well go downstairs and watch the year end's celebration event than look at the current moon.

"Let's head downstairs to watch the year end's celebration event." Ghost Gentleman suggested.

"Alright." Sana nodded her head. She then used an airtight cover to cover up the spirit lamp and extinguish the flame.