Chapter 43

Even though Sang Tian was hiding in the archive room, he had been constantly monitoring the situation outside. When he knew that he was exposed, he no longer hid. He opened the door and walked out. The moment he locked eyes with his wife, his eyes turned red.

This was his wife's original appearance without malice emitting out from deep within her soul-beautiful and gentle. When she smiled, a tiny dimple would appear on her right cheek, her eyes would squint as they glinted with happiness. He had not laid eyes on this sight for over 10 years.

In order to protect his wife's mind from being eroded by the resentment of the malicious ghost, he had to draw talismans daily to suppress his own wife for more than 10 years. She would only calm down after the talisman was attached to her body and would then fall into a near 20-hour sleep. However, due to long hours of not exercising and irregular meals in addition to her depressed mental state, his wife's body weakened as days passed. In the end, she could not even walk stably anymore.

"Brother[1] Tian." The wife gently called her husband's name.

"Jiayan, listen to me this time, okay?" Sang Tian was close to begging her as he continued, "I'm a Heavenly Practitioner. I have the methods to suppress this malice."

Bai Jiayan shook her head, "My body has already been turned into this state. Even if you transferred the malice away now, it's already too late for my body to recover."

"At least you would still have a chance of reincarnation." Sang Tian replied in an agitated manner.

If his wife were to pass away with her entire body tainted with malice, she would immediately turn into a 100-year malicious ghost after her death; forever losing the opportunity to enter into the reincarnation cycle.

"You don't want me to turn into a malicious ghost. But do you think I could bear to witness you turning into one either?" Bai Jiayan asked.

Sang Tian fisted his hands, his body trembling uncontrollably. Initially, he wanted to hide the truth from his wife because he knew that his wife would not agree to the plan if she knew the truth.

"Jiayan, let's not think about reincarnation that is still far in the future now. Can we just consider our present lives now?" Sang Tian replied in a gentle tone, "Your body is extremely weak now and can no longer bear the malice. But I'm different, I have methods to suppress the malice if it were to be transferred to my body. After you have transferred the malice to me, you can regain yourself and walk again. Perhaps my spiritual energy may be slightly affected, but I can still live my life like an ordinary person. In this case, we could still live together for a long period of time. We could even witness Xiao Hao's marriage and his children's births. Let's not think about turning into malicious ghosts after death or not being unable to reincarnate. Could you just accompany me for the rest of this lifetime?"

Sang Tian had already long decided that if his wife were to turn into a malicious ghost because of him and lose the chance for reincarnation, he should not have the right to go for reincarnation either.

The tears welling in Bai Jiayan's eyes instantly fell upon hearing his question. They both hoped that the other would have the opportunity for reincarnation but they could not convince the other otherwise.

The 2 cousin brothers, Jisoo and Sang Wenhao, stood at each side of Bai Jiayan's wheelchair as tears profusely flowed down their faces. Irene was slightly touched as she heard their conversation. Subconsciously, she looked towards Lisa.

The only person that was not affected emotionally during the husband's and wife's conversation was probably Lisa. His heart had already turned into stone by the countless nightmares he had experienced. If he had to be saddened over someone else's tragic story every day, he would have cried himself to death umpteen times.