Chapter 20

Lisa initially wanted to bring Irene out for some food after leaving the studio. However, she said that she was tired and wanted to go home early today.

For someone who sat on the sofa the entire day, how could she be tired? She must have wanted him to go home early in order to rest. Lisa wanted to tell her that he had already recovered adequately through her witch blessing but did not vocalize his thoughts out in the end.

He could not bear to disappoint her care and concern for him.

The both of them took a taxi home. After alighting from the taxi at the entrance of the district, both of them took a detour to the parcel lockers at the main entrance before slowly heading back home.

"My dearest husband, what time are you planning to sleep today?" Irene asked suddenly.

"Why?" Lisa was baffled by her question.

"Didn't you mention 2 days ago that you would allow me to use Curse Doll to devour some of your powers today? It's easier to absorb your powers when you are heading to sleep." She replied.

He recalled mentioning that 2 days ago.

"I'm a bit tired today. I'll head on to sleep after dinner." It was definitely better to sleep earlier to make use of the once-a-week opportunity of a night of dreamless sleep. Just thinking about this lightened up Lisa's mood.

Irene smiled at his reply. It seemed like she was very pleased with his answer. "C'mon, let's go home and finish our food quickly. After that, we can go to bed earlier."

"Yea." As Lisa's pace also quickened subconsciously, he did not notice the ambiguity in her words.

"Oh right." She suddenly took a few hurried steps forward and turned around to face him. While walking backwards, she asked, "What shall we eat later? I'll order delivery now."

"Don't need to be so anxious. We can decide when we return...-be careful!"

A food delivery e-bike abruptly appeared from around the corner at a high speed. She did not notice it as she was not facing the front. Lisa hurriedly took a big step forward and pulled her into his arms.

With a loud thump, her head knocked onto his chest.

The e-bike stopped precariously before the both of them, a mere 10cm away. With lingering fear on his expression, the delivery guy asked, "I'm so sorry. Did I hit you guys?"

"Why are you driving at such a high speed within the district!" Lisa roared.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I was in a rush to meet the delivery orders, so...."

"This is a road junction! Don't you know that you need to slow down when approaching a corner!"

"I...." Quivers ran throughout the delivery guy's body as he cowered under Lisa's imposing manner.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I wasn't run into earlier. You can go ahead." Irene was in a very good mood which contrasted starkly against Lisa's wrath. She was feeling especially benevolent and told the delivery guy that it was alright to leave after expressing that she was fine.

However, the delivery guy did not dare to move. He took a look at Lisa with a guilty conscience. After realizing that Lisa did not intend to stop him, he falteringly rode on his e-bike and left the scene.

"Hehehehehe." After the delivery guy left, Irene smiled foolishly, giddy with happiness.

"Walk properly. Do you want to be knocked down by another vehicle again?" Lisa frowned. If this little girl had not walked backwards earlier, she would have noticed the oncoming e-bike.