Chapter 129

AT THE VILLA

After ending the call with Jisoo, Ghost Gentleman threw his phone aside and focused his attention on playing a chess game with Winter. For Ghost Gentleman, who had learnt to play Go since he was a small child, playing Gomoku was simply a child's play. He treated it like a jigsaw puzzle game as he played along with Winter. To be honest, he was uncertain if Winter actually understood the rules of Gomoku, or if the doll was just treating it like a jigsaw puzzle game even after playing for such a long time. This was because every time the pieces on the chessboard did not form a symmetrical shape, Winter would want to take back its previous move.

"Winter, are you suffering from an obsessive-compulsive disorder?" Ghost Gentleman chuckled as he asked.

Winter was currently holding onto a white chess piece and was deeply pondering on where to place it. It seemed that after it had been stopped by Ghost Gentleman for too many times, it had slowly found a pattern. As long as it did not place the chess piece on the chessboard, Big Brother would not stop it from changing the spot it wanted to place the chess piece on. Therefore, Winter gripped on tight to the chess piece with its tiny hand. Its hand hovered at one spot for a short while before moving to another spot, and the cycle repeated. It spent a full 2 minutes before it finally decided on a spot and placed the chess piece down.

"AH!" Winter lifted its head and gave Ghost Gentleman a huge smile, as if saying that it was his turn.

Ghost Gentleman laughed and shook his head. He then grabbed a black chess piece and waved it in front of Winter and said with a smile, "Once I place this piece down, you will lose this match."

Winter stared at the black chess piece for a moment. It then reached out its hands and snatched it away from Ghost Gentleman's hands.

"What are you trying to do this time? Instead of withdrawing your move, you've turned to stealing chess pieces? Winter, let me tell you, even though winning a match is important, your ethics are even more important. Return the chess piece to me." Ghost Gentleman reached out, asking for the chess piece back.

Winter stared at Ghost Gentleman for a moment but the usually obedient Winter did not return the chess piece to him. Instead, it directly hid the chess piece in its pocket-its action was clearly expressing its refusal to follow his instructions.

"Winter, are you being naughty now?" Ghost Gentleman's tone turned stern.

Actually, he knew that with Winter's current intellect, it probably did not understand the things he had said. However, Winter was his younger sister. Even if it did not fully comprehend them now, he still wanted to inculcate the correct moral values in it.

Winter blinked its eyes and suddenly stood up. It stretched out its arm to form a gesture of request. "BIG BROTHER. NEW YEAR. RED PACKET."

Ghost Gentleman was stupefied momentarily. He then recalled that Winter also asked him for a red packet 2 nights ago. At that time, he seemed to have given it a black chess piece.

Could it be that Winter had misunderstood him and thought of the black chess piece as a red packet? After all, the one he had given it previously was lost in Lishan Villa.

In order to prove his theory, Ghost Gentleman took out another black chess piece from the chess basket and placed it on the chessboard. During the process, Winter only observed his actions and did not attempt to stop him.

"I win." Ghost Gentleman said with a smile.

"AHHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Winter saw that its big brother was smiling so it started to laugh happily.

"Who won?" Hearing laughter from the area, Irene walked over. She took a look at the chessboard and remarked in contempt, "Taeyeon, aren't you being mean? You've already reached the age of hundreds of years yet you still had the audacity to win against my Winter in chess."