Chapter 133

THE SOUTHERN OUTSKIRTS WASTELAND

7 to 8 patrol cars stopped at a deserted piece of land. Municipal criminal investigation division vice-leader Yang Ming got out of his car and started to instruct his subordinates to comb the area for signs of human remains.

"You guys, bring a police dog along with you and spread out to start searching."

"Understood." Over 20 police officers scattered across the abandoned wasteland in an instant.

"Xiao Zhang, escort Ye Ziqing around the area and check if he has any recollection of any spots that are familiar to him."

"Understood." Xiao Zhang brought the above-mentioned man away.

In a blink of an eye, 30 minutes passed but not even a single clue was found. Instead, Yang Ming felt so cold from the biting winter gales that blew straight at him, almost freezing his brain. He could not help but light up a cigarette to bring some warmth to himself. Just as he was about to take a puff from his cigarette, he spotted an extremely familiar-looking car driving over. He recognized it immediately-it was Lead Inspector Mina's car.

The car stopped not far away from Yang Ming. Following which, the car door opened and Mina got out of his car.

"Lead Inspector Mina, you-...." Yang Ming was about to approach the inspector to report on the situation but froze upon seeing Mina's face instead, "What happened to your face?"

The inspector was still perfectly fine in the morning. How did he suddenly become injured in just a few short hours after going their separate ways? His face had a few bloody scratches, making him look extremely brutish. According to Yang Ming's many years of experience, the cause of the injuries must be from a weapon that had some form of razor-sharp claws, such as the long fingernails of a girlfriend. But did Lead Inspector Mina have a girlfriend?

"Mreow!"

"You stay here obediently." Mina sent a sharp glare towards the black cat, which bared its fangs at him. He then slammed the car door shut.

"A cat?" Yang Ming looked at the black cat, which was currently sharpening its claws with the car seat, and immediately came to a conclusion on the identity of the culprit. "Lead Inspector, where did this cat come from?"

"Sigh, let's not talk about this. How's the situation now?" Mina ached with regret right now. He reckoned that his brain must have malfunctioned earlier for him to believe in Lisa's words regarding his house cat being able to find dead bodies. He snapped back to his senses not long after he left Lisa's studio. However, as he had already driven out of the area, he was too lazy to make a u-turn to return the cat. However, he did not expect that this cat was extremely feral as it pounced towards him and attacked his face.

It was fortunate that he stopped at the red light when the assault happened. Otherwise, he might have gotten himself into a car accident.

"No clue at all." Yang Ming sighed.

"How about the criminal? Bring him about the area, see if he feels familiar with any spots." Mina said.

"We already tried that, however, he said that he had completely no impression of the spot. He only recalled that he buried the victim in a pond filled with reeds." Yan Ming then pointed at the barren land around them before continuing, "But look at this place now. This area had been levelled by a real estate company last year. There aren't any ponds around anymore, not to mention one filled with reeds."

"This is such a huge area. It would take too much time to scour the entire area." Mina furrowed his brows.

"We can only depend on luck now." Yang Ming could not resist letting out a sneeze after finishing his words. His nose turned red from chilliness. "Lead Inspector, do you have tissues in your car?"