Chapter 44

Cost extra?

Hearing Irene's reply, Sang Tian's tensed up emotions relaxed immediately. He was not afraid of the conditions that Irene might raise. He was only worried that she would not agree. "Please tell us your conditions."

"The payment will be doubled. It will cost another 10% of your life assets." Irene raised a finger as she spoke in a firm tone that implied that she would not tolerate any bargaining.

Sang Tian was momentarily surprised. He did not expect that Irene's condition was only to double the payment due. He thought that she would capitalize on the opportunity to request for something related to MA. After all, he was the chairman for one of the MA's branches and the relations between Ephialtes and MA had always been in a very precarious situation.

"What? You don't agree?" Irene spotted the change of Sang Tian's expression and assumed that he had thought the fee was overpriced.

"Uncle-in-law." Jisoo promptly prompted his uncle-in-law. He could sense that Irene was slightly upset from looking at her expression.

"It's not that. I agree." Sang Tian snapped back to his senses and agreed without hesitation. "We'll count on the both of you."

The business deal was thus settled.

Lisa looked towards Irene and saw her giving him a nod. He then walked back to the spell formation. The earlier act of devouring the malice had been done subconsciously. However, he had faintly grasped the feeling of the devouring process. He recalled what had happened earlier on and focused his attention on the cloud of malice just like what he had done earlier.

Following Lisa's will, the power of Ephialtes surrounding his body rapidly stirred up. It twisted around and shot towards the cloud of malice. Perhaps due to being willed by Lisa this time round, there were some changes to Ephialtes' power as it twisted around.

Previously, when Ephialtes' power devoured the malice cloud, it manifested as a shroud of black mist before darting over to absorb the malice cloud. It was similar to the scene of a gust of demonic wind that swept away Xuan Zang in the 'Journey to the West' story. However, this time round, Ephialtes' powers actually manifested into the shape of a hand. The hand extended from Lisa's back and lithely grabbed hold of the cloud of malice atop the spell formation.

Lisa contemplated for a moment before attempting to clench his fingers into a fist. Following which, the hand made of Ephialtes' power also mirrored his action. Letting out a smack, the cloud of malice was squeezed into pieces. When the hand opened up, only a small ball of blood trace-the size of a table tennis ball-could be seen.

"That's resentment." Irene could recognize it with one look. It was the resentment that was contained within the malice-the manifestation of the malicious ghost's hatred who died over hundreds of years ago.

Lisa disliked the ball of resentment and his Ephialtes' powers seemingly also did not want to absorb it. However, he could exterminate it. Just as Lisa wanted to clench his hand together into a fist again to exterminate the blood trace ball, he suddenly felt something glomping onto his leg.

Lisa was stunned. He looked down to discover Curse Doll gripping tightly onto his leg while lifting its head up and smiling at him silently.

Lisa was stunned again. He vaguely sensed its intention, "You want this?"

The smile on Curse Doll's face grew wider. It immediately nodded its head. It seemed like it felt that nodding its head was insufficient to convey its feelings and thus gave out a sudden thrill of loud candid laughter.

Lisa understood its laughter this time round. It was expressing its gratitude. However, he did not immediately give the ball of resentment to Curse Doll. Instead, he asked for Irene's opinion first, "Can it eat this?"