Chapter 91

Irene was a woman of action, so when she said that she would purchase some clothes for her dearest husband the next day, she would act on it. Therefore, even if it was still a Friday and she had an entire afternoon of classes, she still insisted on heading out to buy clothes.

Due to her plans, she was not able to pick up her dearest husband at the studio to return home together after her classes. Thus, she gave Lisa a call.

"My dearest husband, I'm going to the shopping mall to shop today. So I'll be home late." Irene said.

"Okay. I'll go back first." After a slight pause, Lisa asked, "In that case... Are you eating dinner outside?"

Just after finishing his question, he started to regret his words. Irene was going to the shopping mall with her classmates, plus it was already such a late hour, she would definitely eat dinner with them.

"My dearest husband, are you hungry? If you are not, wait for me to eat together. I will definitely be home before 8pm." Irene replied.

The slightly vexed Lisa was surprised at her response. Soon, a hint of a smile formed on his face. His tone had lightened up too. "Alright, let's eat at 8pm."

"Okay."

"Do you need me to fetch Winter?" Winter was currently residing in the villa. They would then fetch Winter back together on Fridays to stay with them for 2 days. After that, he would bring it back to the villa on Monday morning.

"It's alright. I'll be going to the villa tomorrow to look for the black cat. I'll bring Winter back during that time." Irene answered.

"Okay." When Lisa heard that Irene would be going over to find the black cat, he had guessed that she had most likely accepted a business deal. Really, other people's girlfriends loved to spend money, but why was his girlfriend so obsessed with earning money instead-and robbing him of his chances to show off his boyfriend poweress.

With a faint smile on his face, he put down his mobile phone after the call ended. At the same time, he used his other hand to grab hold of the folder that was placed nearby. As his eyes were concentrated on getting the folder, he did not notice that he placed his mobile phone on the edge of the table. Therefore, when he let go of the phone, the phone slid off the edge and started to fall towards the ground.

Lisa was surprised and tried to catch hold of the falling phone. However, the speed of his hand reaching down was not as quick as the speed of the phone falling. Subsequently... what he saw made him stunned.

This was because even though he could not catch his mobile phone on time, it did not fall to the ground. Instead, it was held by an invisible energy and was steadily suspended mid-air-about 10cm above the ground.

Lisa pursed his lips as shock and disbelief flashed across his eyes. He maintained his current pose for quite some time till his stretched out arm became slightly sore. He then tried to curl his fingers as if trying to grab something mid-air. In that very instant, the invisible energy dragged the phone up and sent it into Lisa's slightly curled hand.

He held on tightly to his phone, feeling its cold surface. His expression was grave.

Had his Ephialtes' powers evolved to such an extent? To the point whereby he could grab hold of objects from afar?

The Ephialtes' powers in his body would grow significantly after each eruption of his powers. This time round, after his powers had protected him when he was kidnapped by the organ traffickers, they grew stronger again. However, Lisa was not bothered about it as even though his powers had grown stronger, the growth rate was similar to the previous times. However, it seemed that not only had the strength of his powers grown this time round, his control over his powers had also been strengthened.