Chapter 78

Mina desperately wished that his suspicions were just the result of him overthinking. However, his past experiences had told him that there was only a 10% chance that his suspicions were simply from him overthinking. Therefore, he specially made an effort to contact the related departments and investigated the list of patients who had received organ donations. After repeated and thorough checks, he noted that all organ donation processes had been legally done per official procedures. There was no particular person who received transplants earlier nor was there anyone who had jumped the queue. Every patient had queued for at least 2 years before they were assigned with a transplant.

In that case, the possibility of murdering someone to retrieve their organs would be zero. Since there was no beneficiary or motive. Could it really just be a coincidence?

Usually, Mina would have let the matter rest once the investigation had reached this point. However, for some unknown reasons, he still kept feeling somewhat unsettled about this case. It might be because his speculation about this case was too scary to be true.

After hesitating for a while, Mina decided to find someone highly skilled in solving mysteries to analyze this case alongside him. If that person felt that there was something odd with the matter, he would continue to investigate the case.

"I need 2 people to come over." Mina opened his door and loudly shouted out.

"Lead Inspector Mina." Soon, 2 policemen in their police outfit walked in.

"Carry this blackboard to the building across the street." Mina pointed at the blackboard which he had spent half a day analyzing with.

"Across what street?" The policemen were confused.

"Across the road." Mina found a piece of cloth and covered up the blackboard. Since they were moving this out of the police station, he could not allow anyone to see the contents, especially when there were so many people out there. After all, there were no definite leads about this case yet. It would be troublesome for it to spread wildly online when there was no confirmed case yet.

The 2 policemen were startled before they reacted to his statement. "Lord Lili?"

After 2 consecutive big cases were solved with the assistance of Lord Lili, his reputation had permeated throughout the entire municipal criminal investigation division. Of course, this included the fact that he worked in the industrial park across from their station, and that his real identity was Lisa, the person who would frequently have his identity inspected while out on the roads. However, in the eyes of the police, Lisa's image now no longer felt abominable despite his gloomy disposition and the obvious bad guy vibes that he portrayed. Instead, those feelings had turned into admiration. They all felt that this evil guy aura that Lord Lili portrayed was all due to his literary creation work.

It had been said that when writers were creating their stories' characters, they would put themselves into the shoes of their characters so that their stories would become life-like. The reason why he looked thus was so that he could write more exciting crime novels.

In addition, it was no secret that their Lead Inspector Mina had some connections with Lisa. Lead Inspector Mina had gone across to greet Lord Lili upon his first day of reporting to this station. Subsequently, just 2 days after the visit, Lord Lili assisted them in capturing the liver-digging devil. Also, there was a time where Lord Lili's girlfriend had been framed, their Lead Inspector Mina called countless people to assist and even specially made a trip there. In the end, after 2 days, Lord Lili wrote a new novel and led them to crack down on a syndicate that was involved in international human organ trafficking.

This connection of theirs was so strong.

Today, Lead Inspector Mina wanted to head across to find Lord Lili again. He must have encountered a new case. It looked like their municipal criminal investigation division would be able solve another big case and gain recognition soon.