Chapter 39

As Lisa drove, he noticed that Irene had a conflicted expression on her face ever since she got into the car. Winter was also squeezed till it was almost unrecognizable by her while being held in her hands. However, as Winter had a good temper, it did not struggle at all even though its facial features were all twisted.

He could still ignore such actions when he did not know that Winter had its own consciousness. However, since the day he knew that the doll had its own consciousness, he could not watch such acts carry on any further.

"Winter is about to be torn into pieces by you." Lisa prompted.

Irene let out a shout of surprise and lowered her head to look at Winter. She then replied in a calm voice, "Don't worry. I'll change a new set of clothes for you when we return."

"HAHAHA...." Curse Doll let out a very loud and happy laughter. It was clearly apparent that it was looking forward to having new clothes.

Lisa was dumbfounded.

He should not have bothered in the first place.

"What are you thinking about? You have had a constipated expression on your face ever since you got into the car." Lisa asked.

"I want to go to the toilet. Ah, no... I'm thinking about the little kid earlier on. It seems that he's Jisooya's cousin." Irene replied.

"You mentioned that he came to seek your help. What kind of help?"

"I'm not sure. Once I heard that he was from the Metaphysical Association, I did not hear him out any further." She continued, "But he knows that I'm a witch. This is pretty uncommon."

"Is the Witch Clan so rare?" Lisa asked.

"We could be considered as such. We, the Witch Clan's, spiritual practice is quite unique. It is also hard to pass down our techniques as well. Usually, witches would only accept one disciple. There are also times when witches give up on accepting disciples if they did not encounter a suitable person. Therefore, our number dwindled as time passed. When my master met me, she was already over 100 years old. It had been a chance encounter." Irene explained. "I could very well be the last witch in this world. Therefore, there are not many people who can recognize my identity as a witch. If he was not from the association, I would not have minded helping him just because he could recognize me. It is such a shame."

Lisa threw her a sideward glance. The corners of his lips then turned up as he continued driving.

"So the reason why you're conflicted for such a long time was because you were deliberating to help him or not?" Lisa asked.

"I would definitely not help him. It's just that he seems to be Jisooya's cousin and I don't dislike Jisooya." Irene replied in a conflicted tone. "Ahh, if I have knew this would happen, I would not have eaten all those foods given by Jisooya."

This was truly a situation of one gaining the advantage of another and being indebted in return.

"Jisoo is my assistant. Ultimately, his attempts to curry favor from you is actually trying to make me have a good impression of him. You can treat those foods to be given by me instead." Lisa said.

"In that case, if he is trying to give you a good impression, isn't it the same as making me have a good impression of him?" She spoke out without much thought.

Lisa was startled hearing her reply. After a moment, the faint smile on his face grew wider. "Even though Jisoo is a mawkish person, he knows his boundaries in dealing with situations. If it were something very troubling, he would not ask for your help. If he truly needed your assistance, he would also give you an appropriate reason. At that time, you can reconsider again after hearing him out. If you feel that his reason is acceptable, just help him out if you feel like it."