Chapter 145

Lisa's idea of using a ghost king's seal to suppress Ephialtes' powers was merely a supposition. Similarly, the effectiveness of the sealing process outlined in the ancient book and whether it would seal Lisa entirely or just his Ephialtes' powers would remain uncertain until they attempted the method in reality.

"Do we need to devise a plan to lure Mina to Lishan?" Lisa's brows furrowed. He did not want Mina's presence at Lishan. Regardless of what kind of powers the inspector possessed, he was ultimately still an ordinary mortal. Having an ordinary mortal like Mina in proximity during the confrontation with the Ghost King would undoubtedly result in unfavourable consequences.

"Not necessary." Irene shook her head. "Typically, the function of a metaphysical tool within a spell formation is to serve as a guiding entity. Hence, Lead Inspector Mina doesn't have to be physically present at the site itself."

Of course, it would be more effective if the inspector was present in person. However, since he was unskilled in the metaphysical arts, he did not have any ability to protect himself.

Irene paused briefly before continuing. "Usually, when I'm drawing a spell formation, I enhance its efficacy by infusing a drop of my blood essence. Similarly, Lead Inspector Mina's blood would undoubtedly yield a similar effect. Alternatively, the police badge adorning his hat could serve the purpose too. After all, a police badge is the representative symbol of a police officer's mission. Besides the righteous energy within Lead Inspector Mina himself, the effect would be significantly amplified if we have the additional blessing of the nation's fortune."

"So we have to devise a way to obtain Lead Inspector Mina's blood and police badge?" Jisoo pondered deeply. "Acquiring his blood should be relatively straightforward, but obtaining his police badge will pose a greater challenge."

The rest turned to look at Jisoo in bewilderment when they heard him saying that obtaining Inspector Mina's blood would be easy. In their view, obtaining his blood seemed far more challenging than obtaining the police badge. After all, there was still a possibility that they could borrow the inspector's police badge. However, they were not able to come out with any logical reason to take the inspector's blood.

"We could use a Bewitching Curse and knock him out. After that, we can just draw a vial of blood from him." Jisoo clarified.

Wow, we never expected that you were actually such a character.

Everyone was taken aback, cast complex and indescribable looks toward Jisoo simultaneously.

"I-...I just wanted to save the world that's all, right?" Jisoo let out a cough.

I'm sorry, Lead Inspector Mina. I will definitely treat you to a meal of pig liver soup later on.

"Let's have Big Tiger swipe his police badge." Lisa pondered for a while before suggesting. "Mina hardly ever dons his police uniform, so it definitely is tucked away somewhere in his house. Let Big Tiger slip in through the windows and steal his badge. We'll return it if we emerge victorious in tonight's battle. Otherwise...well, if we don't, it doesn't matter if it was stolen."

Everyone listened to his plan and found it to be without flaw. Thus, all agreed to it.

Immediately, Lisa took out his phone to send Mina a message.

Lisa: Where are you now?"

Mina responded back quickly and sounded wary.

Mina: At the police station. Why? Are you looking for me?"

Lisa: Hm.

Mina: This is a miracle. You're actually looking for me? What's up?

Lisa: I'll let you know when I meet you.