Chapter 62

Every school had started their holiday break the day before Mid-Autumn Festival. All sorts of luxury cars were parked outside the entrance of Mingcheng Elementary School an hour before the school's dismissal.

Elementary students wearing school uniforms gradually trickled out of the school entrance and were swiftly fetched away by their parents. However, only a handful of students were actually picked up by their parents, the majority of the students were fetched by either caretakers or chauffeurs.

The person that was fetching Ji An was his household's caretaker Auntie Hong.

"Young master." Auntie Hong had been waiting at the school entrance for a long time. The moment she spotted Ji An walking out from the school carrying his bag, she immediately went forward to relieve it from him.

"Auntie Hong, you're here." Ji An was slightly disappointed seeing that the person fetching him was Auntie Hong, but he still greeted her in a polite manner.

"Young master, why is your complexion so pale? Have you fallen sick?" Auntie Hong was shocked when she saw Ji An's complexion. She then immediately reached out to feel Ji An's forehead with the back of her hand.

"I'm alright. I just didn't sleep well yesterday night." Right after finishing his words, Ji An let out a yawn.

Auntie Hong checked his forehead, its temperature felt slightly cool to touch so he shouldn't be having a fever. She felt instantly relieved. "Were you too overjoyed about the holidays to the point where you could not sleep?"

Ji An only replied with a silent smile. He felt weary at the moment and did not wish to talk.

"Let's go home, Auntie Hong made your favorite tomato braised brisket." As they chatted, the 2 of them swiftly boarded the car.

The chauffeur noticed Ji An getting into the car and greeted him cheerfully, "Young master." Then he started the car engine and drove away from the school. Approximately 30 minutes later, the car entered a villa residence. After Ji An alighted from the car, he headed towards the living room. Auntie Hong took his school bag and hurriedly followed after him.

When she stepped into the living room, she spotted the young master standing in a daze at the living room instead of going into his own room. She could not help but prompt him, "Young master, you didn't manage to sleep well yesterday right? Since it's still early, head upstairs to rest for a while. I will call you when it's time for dinner."

Ji An looked at the cold and deserted living room, disappointment could be seen in his eyes. "Dad and mum have not returned yet?"

"Madam will be flying in tonight. As for master, he would return straight home after work." Auntie Hong replied.

"In that case, would I be able to see them at dinner?" Ji An asked.

"About that...." She was not too sure of the answer either. Auntie Hong hesitated for a moment before comforting him, "Young master, you should have a good rest tonight. When you wake up in the morning, you will be able to see them."

Hearing her reply, Ji An knew that his parents would not be returning in time for dinner. He took his school bag from Auntie Hong's hands and headed straight upstairs.

Auntie Hong let out a sigh. She was not in the position to comment on the situation. She knew that young master missed his parents. However, the Ji family had a massive family business to manage. It was not possible for master to spare much time to accompany the young master. As for madam, she did devote herself to caring for young master when he was young. However, after young master started schooling, madam had nothing to do at home since he was required to board in the school dormitories. Hence, she picked up the career she had when she was younger and started drawing again.