Chapter 146

"I'm heading off now." Mina left the studio with a joyful expression while wearing Lisa's coat.

He never thought there would be a day that Lisa would approach him for a favour. This filled him with immense joy. Also, never in his wildest dreams did he envision that Lisa, with that perpetually icy demeanour, would actually be a secret admirer of himself.

In stark contrast, Lisa wore a police uniform with an extremely frosty expression on his face.

"My dearest husband, you look so dashing in the police uniform." Irene approached him with stars in her eyes.

On usual days, she did not feel that the police officers across the road were cool-looking at all. Yet, why did her husband look so dashing once he put on the uniform? Could this be the legendary uniform aura?

Lisa's dark expression lightened up slightly when he heard Irene's praises. He lifted his hand to take out the police badge from the beret. He then instructed Jisoo, "Get me a set of clothes."

"Boss, why don't you just keep the uniform on? After all, it is a police uniform, it might be useful in defending against ghost spells." Jisoo suggested.

"Even if I were at death's door, I'd sooner perish than wear Mina's clothes," Lisa declared through gritted teeth.

He had already reached his limit when he lied just to obtain the police badge. Besides, he had promised Irene that he would only wear clothes that she had bought for him.

"Alright," Jisoo sighed, resigned to driving back to Lisa's residence to retrieve a set of clothes for his boss. The trip took him at least 2 hours.

In the studio, Irene was still scrutinising the book that detailed the methods of sealing Ephialtes. However, despite her intense focus and natural talent, she struggled to gather much information in just half a day's time.

"Stop looking." Lisa closed the pages of the ancient book.

"My dearest husband?" Irene pleaded, "We still have some time. Let me continue reading."

"Stop looking at it. Let's chat." Lisa rejected.

Irene was surprised, her bright dark eyes wavering.

"Come here." Lisa sat by her side and opened his arms. She naturally snuggled into his embrace.

"What was your third dream?" Previously, Lisa had attempted to ask this question twice already, but had always been interrupted.

"Marry you home." Irene responded.

Not far from the couple, Ghost Gentleman had been teasing Big Tiger while carrying Winter in his arms. His brow twitched upon overhearing their conversation, prompting him to silently create some distance between himself and the couple.

Lisa wasn't surprised by her answer at all. After all, since the first day he had met her, she had always talked about marrying him home.

"I always thought that that was your first dream." Lisa replied.

"It used to be." She responded. "Before I arrived in Hai City, my first dream was to bring you back to my village and marry you. After that, I would sleep with you...."

Ghost Gentleman instantly felt that he had still not removed himself far away enough from the couple. He used his hands to cover both of Winter's ears and shifted them both to the other side of the cabinet.

Big Tiger gazed about the surroundings and somehow felt that the current environment was unsuited for a cat's survival, so it escaped the area too.

"And I also wanted us to cook together and be a single family," Irene said. "However, things didn't go as I had envisioned, so I had to rearrange the sequence of my dreams."