Chapter 40

Jisoo was the most excited one when he heard the news of Irene qualifying for university. He had prayed just this morning for boss and lady boss to be in a good mood. In a blink of an eye, monumental good news already arrived. This was truly a good omen.

Jisoo decided to make use of this good omen and his current smooth-sailing fortune. He brought a plate of cut watermelons to the reading corner.

At the reading corner, Irene was currently sunbathing her dolls. Besides her daily must-do routine of sunbathing Curse Doll, there were 4 Sweet-dreams Dolls in addition today. They were all sitting in a row next to Curse Doll while sunbathing under the gentle morning sunlight.

"Lady boss, please have some watermelon. I took it out of the fridge just a while ago." Jisoo said enthusiastically.

"Oh okay. Let me place my dolls down first." Irene replied without even turning her head over.

After Sweet-dreams Dolls had absorbed negative energies, they needed to be reinforced with some witch powers, and be put under the sun for 3 days. The Sweet-dreams Dolls would then be usable again. After Irene added a bit of witch powers into each Sweet-dreams Doll, she turned around and spotted Jisoo still standing at the same spot.

At once, Irene knew that he wanted to continue pleading his request from yesterday.

It just happened to coincide with her university acceptance letter at this time. This meant that she had to attend school soon. Thus, she needed to earn some money to pay for school fees and living expenses. If one was to ask about the 300,000 yuan she earned previously, the money was all given to her dearest husband as allowance. She would rather die than ask him to give the money back.

"Lady boss, have some watermelon." Jisoo said in a flattering tone while pushing the plate of watermelon nearer to Irene. As long as one was not blind, one could tell that he had a favour to ask just by looking at his expression.

Irene took a fork to pick up a piece of watermelon. She then said straightforwardly, "Just tell me what you want."

Jisoo got excited upon hearing her words. Since lady boss had already asked about it, he did not even need to think of how to navigate to the main topic and could directly get straight to the point. "It's about my cousin. You saw him yesterday. His mother is my aunt and has some issues with her health. We heard that a hidden technique from the Witch Clan could save her. Therefore, I am hoping that lady boss could help us. Of course, we would not ask for you to help us for free. If you have any conditions, you can put them forth. Money or any possessions, just name them. My uncle-in-law is the chairman of Li City's Metaphysical Association. He's extremely wealthy. so you need not hold back on him."

Jisoo felt very generous as he continued his speech. After all, it wasn't his money that they were spending.

Extremely wealthy? Irene, who originally wanted to ask for double the price, suddenly felt that she could drive the price up even more.

Jisoo noticed that Irene had remained silent, not knowing that she was actually calculating the price. Thus, he assumed that she was hesitant to help him. He couldn't help but try to continue persuading her, "I know that because of boss' matters, you bear grudges against the Metaphysical Association, so not wanting to help is also a natural matter of course. However, I feel that you can capitalize on this opportunity to alleviate the tension with the members from the association."

"Alleviate the tension? Do I look like I'm afraid of them?" Irene turned enraged.

What was he trying to say? The MA had already dared to come to their front door to bully her and her dearest husband. Now he even wanted her to be the one to initiate the easing of tension between both parties?