~4~ Look at Me

Sasha's POV

Mom is quiet as she drives to the station. I am quiet, because I already know I'm in huge trouble, and I don't want to make this worse. I had such a good night. Dinner was good. We never actually went to a movie. That was a lie. We went to the mall instead. I conned Liam into giving me extra money, so I was able to buy even more.

We get to the station and we get out. There are so many hot guys that work here, I'm completely embarrassed. The paramedic, I can't remember his name, is especially hot.

We get in and this extremely sexy man comes up to us. Oh man if I was just a little bit older. Fortunately for me, he eyes me up and down appreciatively. I didn't see him when I was here earlier. He then looks at mom and eyes her the same way. Maybe even a little bit more. I hate that. I hate having a hot mom. It takes attention off of me.

"You ladies lost? This is the fire station" he says in a condescending tone.

"Oh is it?" Mom asks, instantly not liking him. "I'm sorry sir, we must be confused."

"It's no worries, beautiful. Can I get you directions? Your number? He asks as he starts to put his hand on the small of her back. Before mom can react, Liam rushes over and pushes him off of her.

"Scott, give me one reason why I shouldn't beat your ass right now?" He asks, grabbing onto Scott's collar with both of his hands.

"I was just..."

"I heard what you were just. I heard it all. Go wait for me in my office!"

"Oh I'm sorry sir, is this your girlfriend?" Scott asks, seeming impressed that Liam is dating someone so cute.

"Nope. But she's the Chief's wife"

Scott's eyes open wide. "So that makes her your..." he can't even get the words out.

"Mom? Yeah."

"Sorry, ma'am," he says, completely embarrassed.

Mom says nothing. She doesn't like him at all. "Go to my office" Liam says again.

Scott says nothing as he turns around and leaves.

"I'm sorry, momma" Liam says as he gives her a hug.

"How's your night?" She asks, kissing his cheek.

"It's been good. Just a couple calls."

"What's up?" He asks, looking between mom and me.

"Could we talk to you and Taylor for a minute, please?"

"FREEMAN!!!" I hear Diego yell. It's so weird to hear mom's maiden name. Mom told us that after dad and she got married, she still used Freeman at the station, so it wouldn't get confusing during calls.

She smiles big and gives Diego a huge hug. He picks her up and spins her around. "Man I've missed ya. Why don't you come by more often?" He asks, kissing her cheek.

"Sorry, Diego. There's only so much of you I can take" she smiles, giving him another hug.

I hear Liam laugh. He's used to seeing mom like this. I'm not. I never got to see the fun mom.

I look over and see the girl paramedic staring at Liam. I can see why. Liam is gorgeous. I swear, if he wasn't a firefighter he could have gotten a job as a model. He looks a lot like his dad, Uncle Alex.

After she and Diego talk for a minute, I see dad come out. "Hey! There's my girls. Well, most of them. What are you two doing here so late?" He asks as he scoops mom up in a hug and kisses her gently.