~91~ Weekend from Hell

Ellie's POV

I get up and do my best to stumble in the dark. As I'm making my way out of the bathroom, I stub my toe horribly on the side of the bed that Emma, Savannah, and I are sharing. I have to stifle a cry. It hurts so bad.

Taylor immediately hears it, and he's out of bed in an instant.

"You ok?" He asks as he cups my face. I just shake my head.

He picks me up silently and carries me to the hallway, so we can look at my toe without waking anyone up.

He leaves the lock turned in, so he doesn't lock himself out.

"Let me see" he says, bending down to look at my toe.

He gently touches it, and presses on a few areas.

"It's not broke, I don't think" I say, trying to ignore the throbbing that it's causing.

"That room is so dark" I say, still trying to keep the tears from falling.

He stands up and kisses me deeply. "I'm sorry you're hurt, baby girl" he says, cradling my head.

"Besides your shoes, are you ready to go?" He asks

I just nod.

"Ok. I'll go grab them" he says.

He comes back out with my shoes and I put them on.

"You going to be ok?" He asks, staring at me hard.

"Oh yeah. It's just another thing to add to this crazy weekend" I say, rolling my eyes.

"I'd quit saying that if I were you. You're just going to jinx yourself" Taylor says, chuckling.

"Save me a seat for both things today, will ya, Chief?" I ask as I give him another kiss.

"Always"

I make my way to the lobby where Missy, Lance, and Nick are there waiting.

"Morning," Lance says with a smile.

"Hi" I say, still trying to ignore my toe.

"What's wrong?"

"I stubbed my dang toe already this morning" I say, rolling my eyes.

Nick snorts. "Taylor is right. You're not a morning person."

Suddenly Mason comes up behind me. He's holding a bottle of Pepsi in his hand. He looks at me and gives me a genuine, goofy smile, handing me the Pepsi. Maybe I'm still actually asleep. I kinda hope so...Then I'd wake up and my toe wouldn't be hurting.

"What's this for?" I ask, shocked.

"I took Liam's warning seriously" he says, chuckling.

I laugh as I take the Pepsi. "Thank you" I say, opening it and taking a drink.

"Couldn't have come at a better time. She really isn't a morning person" Nick laughs.

"Ok, ok. I'm on my best behavior" I smile, putting my hands up in surrender.

"I'm treating you all to breakfast. I think Ellie was right when she said this weekend is going to be crazy. We're going to need the sustenance" Lance says with a smile.

As we're walking, I nudge Lance. "You ok?"

"Uh, yeah" he says, looking at his phone.

"Friends know when friends are lying, Lance" I say with a teasing smile.

"It's Lisa. I'm trying to break things off but it's not going so well."

"Lisa's difficult, Lance. You're going to have to be blunt" Mason says quietly.