~165~ Jealousy

Emma's POV

I'm in History and I'm listening to Mr. West talk. I'm taking notes. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's Owen. He isn't nearly as cute as Trace, but he's still one of the cutest guys in the school.

"Emma, you and Trace have been broken up for awhile. Any chance you're getting back together?" He whispers.

I get a knot in my stomach. He's still with Sadie. She makes sure I hear all about it almost every day in health.

"I don't think so" I say, giving him a smile.

He smiles back. "Awesome, I've had a crush on you for two years. Any chance you wanna go ice skating at the bottom of the mountain tonight?" He asks, quietly.

"Really?!?" I ask, shocked. I'm doing so much better, but hearing that a popular guy likes me is still surprising to me.

"Yeah" he says, smiling bigger.

"I'd love to" I say.

"Awesome" he says, sounding relieved. "Can I get your number?" he asks.

I nod and write it down.

He takes it from me and smiles.

"Watcha got, Owen?" West asks.

"Nothing, sir" he says quietly.

"You've been bugging Emma the last couple of minutes. Are you not understanding my lecture?" He asks.

"No, I understand it. Your teaching is top notch, Mr. West" he says, smiling.

"Well, thanks, Owen. I appreciate it, man. What's in your hand?" He asks.

Mason knows exactly what it is. Why is he doing this? It's making me mad. He was watching the exchange the whole time.

"Er, she gave me her number, sir. I know it's not History, but, our date is going to be so amazing tonight, that I'm planning on making history, sir" he says.

I'm so embarrassed that I feel my cheeks flaming. I can't even look at Luke or Trace.

Mason hides his smile and makes his face straight again. "Well, that was a smooth line. Quit talking and start listening" he says simply.

"Yes sir" Owen says.

I'm so mad at Mason.

Once class gets over, I go up to his desk.

"What the heck was that, Mason?" I whisper.

"Emma, it's Mr. West" he snaps.

I roll my eyes. "What was that for?" I ask again.

"You guys were talking" he says, raising his eyebrows.

I'm getting even more mad. "Yeah? There were several other people talking and you didn't say anything to them" I say, still whispering.

He just looks at me.

"Why would you do that to me?" I ask. My feelings are hurt and I'm embarrassed.

He sighs and his eyes start to twinkle.

"I was trying to help you, ya dork" he smiles.

"By humiliating me?" I ask, still mad.

He lets out a chuckle before he can help himself.

"You're being an ass, Mr. West" I say, whispering. I've stayed so long that his next class is starting to walk in.

He chuckles as he gets out his pass book and writes me a pass.

"Where are you headed?" He asks, still smiling.