~139~ You, Sir, are a Hero

***this is a continuing chapter, so the trigger warning is still in effect 😊***

Ellie's POV

I don't know who this kid is right now. He is NOT going to come over to my house willingly. I'm going to have to literally make him. Am I crossing a line? He is a grown man. He technically does have the right to decide if he comes over or not. This is my family, though. Taylor and I have worked our butts off to keep this family happy.

I grab his arm and pull him towards the door. He's stronger than me, and he stops himself instantly. I honestly don't have a prayer to get him to actually go against his will. I'm going to have to change tactics.

"Move your ass" I say darkly.

"No" he says, crossing his arms.

I get in his face and he doesn't even flinch. I cup my hands over both of his cheeks and get on my tippy toes to stare into his eyes.

"This was not your fault" I say gently. "You are not the reason that little girl is dead" I say, kissing his cheek.

His posture immediately relaxes and he bites his lip to keep from crying.

"Come with me now and talk to Taylor" I say quietly.

He looks at me and his eyes get dark again.

"No, mom" he says.

"Liam Alexander Clark....I never ask you for anything. I am asking you now. Please. Please do this for me. Please. I am begging you to come over to my house and talk to him. Please" I say, wiping a tear from my cheek.

"Momma, don't ask this of me. Ask me for anything else and I will gladly do it. Please ask something else from me" he says, devastated.

I shake my head. "Please, baby boy" I beg.

"And if I don't?" He asks me.

"Then you will break my heart" I say, looking at the ground and wiping more tears.

He loudly sighs and shakes his head. "Fine" he says darkly as he grabs his shoes.

"Thank you" I say, trying not to sob.

"I'll do this, but I'm not going to forgive him. You can't make me do that" he says, glaring at me.

I just nod.

We walk over silently, and Nora stays behind. She was welcome. She's always welcome. I truly respected the fact that she knew not to come, though. I love that girl.

We get there and I go in first. Liam comes behind me and stiffens the moment he sees Taylor. The rest of the family stiffens too. This is going to be awkward. Poor Mason. He really has been having to put up with a lot lately.

"You two need to talk" I say simply.

"You made me come over, I did that. That's it, mom. You can't make me do more than that" he says as he sits next to Mason at the table.

Taylor sighs and shakes his head. He comes over to the table and sits down across from Liam.

"How's 11?" He asks simply.

Liam just glares at him.

"I requested that only floaters fill your spot for now. Your spot is here when you're ready for it" Taylor says gently.

"Go ahead and fill it. I won't be back" Liam spits.

That hurt Taylor, but he schools his face to indifferent.

"Her parents asked me to thank you" he says, with a catch in his throat.

"What are you talking about?" Liam snaps.