~58~ Lowest

Sasha's POV

As we drive I'm yelling at Luke. I'm yelling at him so severely that I see him brush a tear off of his cheek. How could he have been so irresponsible? Mom needs us and we had to wait on him.

"Ok, Sasha. He gets it. Lay off of him" Trace says as soon as he sees Luke wipe a tear away.

"Are you even going to tell me what happened? Or are you going to keep making me feel worse than I already do?" Luke asks after a minute.

I sigh as I tell him all I know.

We get there and rush in. I see Principal Mills in the waiting room. We run up to him.

"Where's dad?" I ask, looking around.

"Several men got trapped in the fire. He can't get away" he says sadly.

We immediately feel sick. "Do you know who?" Trace asks panicked.

"All he said was that it was a unit from another house. He said to tell you guys that Greene and Liam are safe" he says. We all immediately relax.

"What's going on?" Emma asks quietly.

"She's in surgery" he says, sadly.

"For what?" I ask.

"Umm" he asks, not looking like he wants to tell us.

"With all do respect sir, we're the family. You're the principal. We have more of a right to know than you do" I spit out darkly.

He realizes I'm right and nods his head. "She's having a hysterectomy. Something about a spontaneous uterine rupture" he says quickly.

"Have you heard any updates" I ask, tears in my eyes.

"No. She's only been back about 15 minutes" he says.

We all just sit and wait.

About an hour later, Dad, Greene, and Liam rush in. They are literally black with soot. It's hard to recognize them.

"Are you guys ok?" Trace asks, giving his dad a hug.

"Everyone's fine. We got everyone out" Wes says quickly.

"What's going on?" Dad asks, completely panicked.

"She's back now. No updates yet" Lance says quickly.

Dad goes up to the nurse's station and starts talking to them. "I gave my verbal consent for them to do whatever they needed. I just want to know what they had to do" dad asks, trying to calm his nerves.

Suddenly the doctor comes out. "Are you her husband?" He asks, looking at dad.

"Yes sir" dad says quietly.

"She's fine" he says first, so dad can breathe again.

Dad immediately sighs and slumps his shoulders.

"Hysterectomy?" Dad asks, looking at the ground.

"Yes sir. She had a spontaneous uterine rupture. Looking at her records, I'm surprised that it didn't happen sooner. The fact that she was able to have twins after the tear she had with her second child is a miracle. There's no medical explanation how she was able to carry those babies safely" he says. This guy really doesn't have the greatest bedside manner.

"Can I see her?" dad asks.

"She's in recovery room one right now. When she gets in recovery room two we will come and get you" he says as he leaves.

Dad sits down in the chair next to Mills and starts to cry.

"She's going to be absolutely devastated" he says into his hands.