~15~ Fish

Emma's POV

After last night, I'm even more determined than ever to never get in trouble. I do not ever want soap. I went into Sasha's room after dinner and she explained to me, in detail, what it was like. Awful.

Today Sasha is hanging out with her friends all day. Surprisingly she never got grounded. Hannah, Lexi, and Ava are all in her room, doing whatever. Sasha is always nice to me, but her friends aren't. I'm just her annoying and fat little sister. Ok, they've never called me that, but I know that's what they all think. Hannah is the only one I kinda like.

Luke and I are hanging out this morning, playing a game on his PlayStation, when he randomly asks "Mom, can Trace come over today?"

"Sure buddy" she says. More than likely Megan will drop him off and she will stay for a while. That's what always happens. Great. I get to spend my entire Saturday alone. Dad and Wes are out fishing today.

"Emma girl, you can have a friend over if you want" mom says with her kind smile.

The only true friend I have is Olivia, and she is out of town this weekend. There's no one I could even invite. I'm a loser. I'm also completely in love with Trace. Nobody has any idea about that, though. He's good to me, but I'm not even close to being in his league. He and Lucas are the most popular boys in school.

Trace is absolutely beautiful. He has Megan's blonde hair. It's thick, with just the perfect amount of wave to give him the best hair. I enjoy the summer days, when he takes his shirt off. He has the best body. He would never want a girl like me. Not when he could literally have anybody. Plus, he always stares at Sasha. He's had a huge crush on her since we were 6.

I go upstairs to get dressed. I'm still in my pajamas.

As I'm walking to my room, Lexi is coming out of Sasha's. "Do you just hang around here all day?" She asks. She's acting innocent, but I can see right through it.

"Yup" I say with a smile. I'm not stooping to her level.

"How sad" she says, pretending like she's upset for me.

I go and get dressed and go back down stairs. I decide to work on my English paper. It's not due until Wednesday, but I've got nothing better to do.

Megan and Trace get here about an hour later.

"Hey friend!" Mom says as she wraps Megan in a hug.

"Hey back atcha!" She says, kissing mom's cheek.

"How's it going, Trace?" She asks, giving him a hug.

I wish I could hug Trace.

"Going good, Ellie. Hey, any chance you could excuse me to go home once in awhile in 7th period? I've got Nelson, and she hates me" he says with his perfect dimpled smile.

"Maybe that's because you keep mouthing off to her" Megan says, rolling her eyes.

"Hey, Emma knows. That lady is a crank" he says, as he looks at me and smiles. We are in the same class.

"He's right; She is a crank" I say, smiling at him. Like I said, he's nice to me. Maybe it would be easier if he was a jerk.

He walks over to Luke and plops down on the couch.

"What's up, my dude!" Trace says, giving him a five.

"Wanna play?" Luke asks, pointing to a baseball game he's playing.

"Yeah!" He says, taking the other controller.

"How's Liam?" I hear Megan ask.

"Good. He's really becoming a grown up. Ya know what I mean?" She chuckles.