~180~ Shopping Woes

Ellie's POV

"Tay, do you have any money on you?" I ask as I'm shuffling around, looking for my shoe.

"Yeah, how much ya need, darling?" He asks, getting out his wallet.

"How much ya got?" I ask with a smirk.

He chuckles. "Um, $250" he says after he counts it.

"Can I have all of it?" I ask him.

"Sure" he says, not batting an eye.

He hands me the money and I stick it in my purse. Josie, Dylan, and Mason are waiting on me. Mason and I are taking them shopping for things for their room. Sasha was planning on doing it, but she's got too much homework and an insane project.

"If that's not enough, use your card" he says.

"Ummmm" I say, trying to decide how to tell him I lost my card again.

"Eleanor Jane Preston, did you lose your card again?" Taylor asks, more tired than mad.

"I already cancelled it. I should get my new one in a week" I say, flashing him a smile.

He rolls his eyes.

"Girl, you are a lot of amazing things...But being responsible with your debit card is not one of them" he says, glaring at me.

"But I'm cute, so you forgive me, right?" I ask, batting my eyes.

He smirks and rolls his eyes, bringing me into him and giving me a kiss.

"Always" he chuckles.

He gets out his debit card and hands it to Mason. "I don't trust her with it. The pin is 4294 if you need it" he says to Mason.

Mason chuckles and puts it in his wallet.

"Let him drive, Ellie. Let's ease these poor kids into this family" he says seriously.

"You're not being very nice to me" I pout.

Taylor chuckles and kisses me again. "I'll make it up to you later" he whispers into my ear. The excitement of that brings a shiver up my spine.

I kiss him once more and then hand Mason my keys. "Here. This is completely insulting" I pout as we head out the door.

Mason chuckles and takes the keys...I think he's relieved. He's heard millions of horror stories about my driving.

We get in the car and head to the store I picked. It should have everything we're needing. Mason and I are chatting the whole way, but the kids say nothing.

"You guys excited to start at West Adams on Monday?" I ask, looking back at them.

"Ecstatic" Dylan says darkly.

"Are you teaching any freshman classes this year?" I ask Mason.

Mason nods. "Yeah. I teach three freshman/sophomore classes and three junior/senior classes. He's in my 1st hour" he says.

"So Josie doesn't get the pleasure of having you as a teacher?" I smirk.

He chuckles. "Not this year" he says, looking back at her.

We get to the store and start shopping. "Who wants to be first?" I ask, looking at them.

Neither say a word. I nod. "Ladies first" I say, going to the girls section. We get to the comforters and blankets section and I stop.

"I have no idea what your taste is. Let's start with the comforter, and then we will buy accessories" I smile.

She just looks at me. I don't think I've ever heard her talk, now that I think about it. She does talk, right? Mason has never said that there was anything wrong with her.