~147~ Unfortunate Timing

Liam's POV

I'm playing video games in the family room and Nora comes in and sits down. Savannah has been asleep for several hours.

"You ok?" I ask, looking over at her.

She smiles darkly and shakes her head. "This isn't working, Liam" she says, upset.

I immediately get a pit in my stomach as I shut the game off.

"What are you talking about?" I ask, looking at her hard.

"Savannah. Liam, she hates me" Nora says, upset.

"She doesn't hate you" I argue gently.

Nora just nods. "Yes she does. I didn't even tell you what happened when you were at your mom's yesterday" she says, fighting tears.

"What did she do?" I ask.

She went into our closet and cut up several purses. Then she took my expensive makeup and dumped it down the toilet" Nora says.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I ask, horrified.

She shrugs. "What's the point? She does something, you spank her, she apologizes, and then she does something different the next day" she says.

"So you want out?" I ask, feeling my heart starting to tear open.

"Of course not!" She says, disgusted.

Relief immediately floods through me.

"You know you can spank her, right? We've never actually had this discussion I guess, but I'm ok with you spanking her...As long as you keep her fully clothed" I interject.

Nora scoffs. "Oh yeah. That's what I want to do. She already hates me. Let's make it worse" she says, rolling her eyes.

I nod. "I honestly think it's because you're too nice to her. You let her walk all over you" I say softly.

"Maybe I do. I just want her to like me" she says sadly.

I go over to her and bring her to me, kissing her gently.

"Well, I like you" I say, kissing her stomach and making my way up.

She giggles. "You're ridiculous" she says, unbuttoning her jeans.

"Yeah, I know" I say as I continue my trail of kisses up her body. I can feel goosebumps erupt from her skin.

By the time I'm done being ridiculous, we're both satisfied. More than satisfied. I think Nora was satisfied several times.

The next day is Saturday, so Saavy doesn't have school.

"Want bacon and eggs, Savannah?" Nora asks.

"No" Savannah says simply.

"Ok. What do you want?" She asks with a smile.

"McDonald's" she says simply.

"Sorry, kid. What do you want from here?" She asks again.

"Nothing. Your cooking is horrible. Mommy was a much better cook than you" she spits.

"Savannah Lucille, I'm sure your mommy was a very good cook, but that was a mean thing to say. Apologize right now, young lady" I snap.

"Sorry your cooking isn't good" she says darkly.

"SAVANNAH" I say, raising my voice.

"Daddy, you didn't say how to apologize" she argues.

I just stare at her. Speechless.