~108~ Dethroned

Ellie's POV

I'm working on some paperwork when the phone on my desk starts ringing.

"Hello?" I answer

"Hey Mrs. Preston, it's Mason" he says quietly.

"Crap. What did he do now?" I ask, annoyed.

Mason chuckles slightly before he answers.

"Could you come up real quick? Luke's being sneaky and he's got something in his book bag. He won't let me see. I'm not allowed to go through student's belongings" he says darkly.

"Yeah. I'll be right up" I say, annoyed.

I get there and wait at the door until he sees me. His face is off. He doesn't look mad.

I glance around until I see Luke. He's just silently looking at me, waiting.

"What's up?" I ask. I'm not mad for some reason. His face is off too.

"You tell me. You're the one here" he says with an attitude.

Now I'm irritated.

"What's in your bag?" I ask, crossing my arms.

"None of your business" he mutters, looking at the desk.

"Sorry, what?" I ask him, getting mad.

"I said it's none of your business" he says, looking at me and glaring.

"Give me the book bag, Lucas" I say darkly.

He sighs and gets the bag and holds it out to me.

I unzip it. It's smells bad. What is that smell?

I reach my hand in, and grab something that doesn't feel like a book. It's cold. Gross.

I immediately scrunch up my nose. What the heck does my son have in his bag? When I get it out, I stare at a dead frog, in horror.

My mind isn't completely processing just yet. Suddenly I let out a scream and throw the frog across the room. It hits Mason in the chest and Mason roars. He's laughing so hard, he can't catch his breath.

I look over and see Luke with tears. He's laughing so hard he's red.

"Do not tell me that you are the reincarnated Frog Idiot" I snap. That has the entire class rolling.

"Nope. I'm still the idiot, thank you very much" Liam says, laughing in the corner.

"Liam Alexander!" I say, too flustered to think of anything else.

"See, momma, when you turned the cold water on me, well, that was ok. Not top notch, mind you, but it was decent for an old lady. The pickle juice in my Mountain Dew, however, was low. It was low, mom. I am the king of pranks. And I just got you" he says with an evil grin.

"Nope. Nope. This is a repeat prank, and it still sucks" I say, waving my hand in disgust. It reeks of formaldehyde.

"Lucas, I thought I raised you better than this" I say, ignoring the laughter that's still erupting.

"You didn't" he says with a smile.

"Top notch acting, by the way, little bro. You can officially join my mission in taking this woman down, anytime" he says, coming over and giving Luke a high five.

I look over and see Mason, picking up the dead frog and tossing it in a bag. He's still laughing.

"Are you and I going to have a problem?" I ask Mason, annoyed.

He chuckles all over again. "No Ma'am. I had no problem with this" he says, wiping a tear that is falling down.

"If I see another damn frog today, you're dead" I say, pointing at Liam.